EA82 MPFI parts

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Peddelz

EA82 MPFI parts

Post by Peddelz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:59 pm

i got a MPFI engine for free other day, and have decided to put the intake on on my ea82. My question is does anyone happen to have the wiring harness and ECU for one that they would like to sell? and are the heads the same?

Also anyone with a touring wagon, i would be happy to take the seats, door pannels, electric windows and power steering off you, if you wanna sell? :D

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:38 pm

The MPFI intake will not bolt to your current EA82 in your subi - the heads are different in terms of the intake ports, so you'd need to swap the heads as well, in which case you might as well swap the entire motor if its in good nick.

I've got a wiring harness that you'd have to cut out of an L series touring wagon loom. The loom has been spliced under the rear seat, that's why I say cut it out (everything worked but there was a drain in the system somewhere that I couldn't be bothered chasing). I swapped the looms when I did the EJ conversion.

I must say that I found this site when I was doing the MPFI conversion to my subi a few years back. I was well into it and most I spoke to here said I should have gone for the EJ conversion from the start. I knew nothing about it at the time and stuck with the MPFI - which was a good upgrade IMHO (for what I wanted then). Since then I've gone through two of those motors due to a dud radiator, back to a really bad carbie motor and now to the EJ after a bit of work. I've basically done what you're looking at doing but with the EJ - powersteering, power windows etc. Best thing to do would be to start with an MPFI touring wagon and go from there - all the hard work is done for you ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

nncoolg

Post by nncoolg » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:40 pm

I have the complete wiring loom & ecu out of a flap type EA82 turbo, which can be used if you like. A lot involved in converting a carby type to EFI, you may be better in my opinion to just run your carby on the EFI manifold, in which case, you wouldn't really need any kind of new wiring.

The heads ARE different, they have 2 intake ports to suit the seperate intake runners. I am chasing a set of EFI heads at the moment if you dont end up using them I would be interested in buying them from you...

Return to “Subaru Chat”