Toyota/Subaru merger

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Ruperts Trooper

Post by Ruperts Trooper » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:28 pm

Lightning_Silver_RX wrote:Last I heard GM still owns part of Subie and SAAB and probably some others. I remember a while back seeing a Chevrolet Forester :twisted:.
GM sold it's share to Toyota, which already had a stake in Subaru. Saab is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of GM.

Recent releases on the Toyobaru sports car is that both Toyota and Subaru versions will be built from 2010 in a Subaru Japan factory using a shortened Impreza platform, existing boxer engines and Subaru transmission in the AWD version. There will also be a RWD version, presumably by omitting the front diff and driveshafts.

This is the car that Subaru should have been building for years - except it's main competitor would be the Impreza!

My prediction is that Toyota will have RWD and AWD versions with Subaru just using AWD.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:19 am

I have received some picture from a mate who went to the Japan motor show an has seen the concept (pictures on web now) at this stage we will not be getting it here in Oz.
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:34 am

Well that sucks!

Not that i'll ever have the money to buy one
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

rob83ke70

Post by rob83ke70 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:10 pm

*puts on flame suit* I think I'd rather buy it with a toyota engine...

I'm not quite sure on the matter lol. Subaru's engines are good, but seemed rather expensive to repair/maintain... but now that I think about it, Toyota's are dear as sin to repair and maintain as well....

maybe I take that statement back!

Robert.

Return to “Subaru Chat”