Seeking Subaru to appear in short film

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
95Liberty

Seeking Subaru to appear in short film

Post by 95Liberty » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Sent: Monday, 6 December 2010 11:40 AM
To: president@subaru4wdclubwa.asn.au; secretary@subaru4wdclubwa.asn.au
Subject: Seeking Subaru Wagon to appear in Film

Hi John and Tony

M name is Louise and I’m seeking a Subaru, late eighties to mid nineties, wagon to hire to appear in short film called Transmission.

The film is a story of a father and daughter looking for a new life after a pandemic destroys their world. We love the shape of the Subaru’s from this era and are really keen to find one as the car will be a character in its own right.

A Leone or Liberty/Legacy would be preferable but an Impreza L wagon, Outback or Outback sport (mid nineties) would also be fantastic. We’d love to find one in red or orange and it needs to be manual.

We’d need the car for approximately a week from the 15th of January and will pay a hire fee or can compensate through paying for some mechanical repairs if that is preferable. We will be filming in and around Perth.

If you are even a little bit curious please give me a call or an email. Also if you know could pass this information along to members of thewho may have the sort of Subaru we are looking for it would be great if you could pass along this info or point me in the direction of other places to look.

Please don't hesitate to call with any questions
Thanks for your time
Louise Brady
Production Designer
M: 0422 498 026
Lou.brady@gmail.com
--
Designer: Film and Television
M: 0422 498 026

95Liberty

Post by 95Liberty » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:18 pm

I emailed them with pics of both my cars, but unfortuntly it needs to be a manual. This was there response:

Hi Matthew

Thanks for getting in touch. The Orange liberty would be great, but it does have to me a manual and unfortunately we can't use the white as white is too bright for film.

Thank you very much for your time though, they are both great cars!

Many thanks
Louise Brady

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:27 pm

if it was sa they could borow mums old car, even comes with the post apocolyptic crash

Return to “Subaru Chat”