design contest

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
spike
General Member

design contest

Post by spike » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:13 pm

thought id post this up, what im aiming for is like the muryata but with more you know pazazzz
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/even ... 9033771992

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:32 pm

As a school teacher I refuse to use facebook, as students have caused all sorts of problems for teachers in Western Australia.

Any chance non facebook users could see these pictures.

thanks

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:15 pm

understood toonga, there are things going on that as a scout leader i must delete my fb profile. Aint gonna happen.............

yeah im hoping to post all entries on here as the design actually specifies an engine very much like an ej20 hint hint

GOD

Post by GOD » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 pm

There's no pics to see (yet?) Jules. Spike wants you to design him a car around a Subie engine.

Dane.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1993 EA82/EJ18/EJ22/EJ22/EJ20/EJ22 L Series perpetual project

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 pm

yes sorry jules, its a contest and has not officially begun yet just thought id post here to see if any of the photoshop gurus would be interested.

when the contest is finished then i will post the photos up

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:26 am

TOONGA wrote:As a school teacher I refuse to use facebook, as students have caused all sorts of problems for teachers in Western Australia.

Any chance non facebook users could see these pictures.
TOONGA

I dont have facebook/myspace either. I think i may be the ony 25yo that doesn't.
Im not a teacher, i just dont see the point.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:07 am

spike wrote: more you know pazazzz
Than this?

How??
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:00 am

sven '2' wrote:Than this?

How??
+1

Spike.. SHIT !! I don't see what more pazazzz you're looking for. The best thing about the Murtaya is it's styling and it's use of any EJ Subaru engine and the complete AWD running gear. It's only flaw in it's awesomeness is it's price but this is due to the fact it's manufactured in the UK and then requires shipping to Aus. I have begun looking at other options which will reduce this considerably and if people have any ideas on changes.. please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
Paul
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:43 am

it must be said that im not looking to build a car just yet
the only reason i posted it was cause i thought it would be fun to see peoples creativity not to get people to design a car that i would build and see

its aimed at younger people, around my age or less i guess to show there imagination and judged on imagination but also understanding of the build process.

and the only things i dont like about the muryata is, price well yeah its a given anything that i cant afford im unhappy about, the fact it isnt road registerable here, and those lights just yeah tooo TVR for me

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 am

I understand now

How's this?

73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 am

spike wrote:it must be said that im not looking to build a car just yet
the only reason i posted it was cause i thought it would be fun to see peoples creativity not to get people to design a car that i would build and see

its aimed at younger people, around my age or less i guess to show there imagination and judged on imagination but also understanding of the build process.

and the only things i dont like about the muryata is, price well yeah its a given anything that i cant afford im unhappy about, the fact it isnt road registerable here, and those lights just yeah tooo TVR for me
Sorry if I sound a litte rude but even my 15 year old son loves the style of the Murtaya.. if fact he reckons he's going to get mine (and the 22B) when I move on from this world.

I too would love to see the creative minds of the younger gererations but please don't say the Murtaya needs more pazazzz as it's a kit car and it can be "Styled" with the owners tastes in mind. I too are also not the biggest fan on the lights, too Lotus for me but you you hace to remember the Murtaya was enginnered and constructed by an ex-Lotus designer. Lights, windscreen, seating and doors are some of the changes in place but sure lots see what people come up with.

Can you please explaiin what you mean by "the fact it isnt road registerable here" ??
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:17 am

sven '2' wrote:i understand now

how's this?

lol

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:30 am

i belive we were speaking previously about buying a muryata for my partner as a road car and you said it was yet to pass RTA and all that
or has this been recitifed?

what the design competition is about is seeing what people want in a car, you said that the car has aspects of lotus in it which i can see, to me its more TVR but to see what people all over the world (if it goes that far) think can be done

i expect to get strange body kits big wings etc. the muryata is still quite conservative compared to other cars

ChPLAT

Post by ChPLAT » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Hmmm interesting. Toonga, I'm a full teacher now and Facebook I think is fine just make sure you turn on all the restrictions so nobody can see anything about you unless you add them.

Also I have been toying with a tech studies project for the next school i get sent to based on an idea like this so would be good to see how it turns out. Mind you there would be alot more research involved before they get to do any drawings.
Past rides-
1989 Brumby

Current ride-
MY06 Liberty 2.5i Sedan

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:17 pm

spike wrote:i belive we were speaking previously about buying a muryata
Me thinks Spike just wants us to design him another Murtaya.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"the blue thing" is awesome imho :cool:
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:42 pm

I photo chopped this a few years ago
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

H-top

Post by H-top » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Murtaya = pimp!!

If I had the coin and the time,I'd want to build one.

Go libbo ute!
H-Top

rolling in

MY00 GT Foz - Auto, Turbo, Luxury

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:19 pm

ChPLAT wrote:Hmmm interesting. Toonga, I'm a full teacher now and Facebook I think is fine just make sure you turn on all the restrictions so nobody can see anything about you unless you add them.

Also I have been toying with a tech studies project for the next school i get sent to based on an idea like this so would be good to see how it turns out. Mind you there would be alot more research involved before they get to do any drawings.
ive got my security set fairly high for other reasons, same reason i have 2 fb accounts, TRUST NOONE!!

the idea is less about the design of the car and more about a sales pitch.

i just need to find the time and an engine to start work on my other fiberglass beast, oh the things you could do with that muryata though.
BTW i thought of another reason why I PERSONALLY dont like the muryata and would not choose it over some other options, if i was given one id take it but yeah i wouldnt spend all my money on it, my partner she wants that hahah

basically cause of the numbers produced and being a 'kit' car it cant be used for many racing classes here in AUS, to me thats a real bummer that you can get 2.7turbo performance, AWD and all that jazz and not get to use it on the open road

im already writing up a breif for the next competion, going very different from this one though haha

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:26 pm

spike wrote:i belive we were speaking previously about buying a muryata for my partner as a road car and you said it was yet to pass RTA and all that
or has this been recitifed?
I can't recall our conversation but I'm sure I would have mentioned that our Murtaya (currently still under construction) has not been engineered yet but will do so after it is complete. We feel there is no reason why it wont pass, as like the Murtaya's are full road compliant in the UK and the USA, which both have stronger restrictions than us.
FROG wrote:Me thinks Spike just wants us to design him another Murtaya.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"the blue thing" is awesome imho :cool:
Me too and go for it.. nothing is stopping them but if he feels the Murtaya is too expensive then wait till he gets the price of building something from scratch.

The "Blue Thing" is a beauty.. and if you watch the youtube clips on it, you'll be amazed at it's get up and go. Les from Autotech (suppliers in NZ) have fitted the STi running gear into there first build and that car FRIGGIN' WILD !!
Suparoo wrote:I photo chopped this a few years ago
Very nicely done Gannon :mrgreen:

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:06 pm

RSR 555 wrote: We feel there is no reason why it wont pass, as like the Murtaya's are full road compliant in the UK and the USA, which both have stronger restrictions than us.
i find it the other way, especially with the UK most locosts there are allowed through when quite frankly they are shite. i saw photos from 10 of a 15 car build set done at a tech college, they were built with stick welders, holes blown in the steel just urrghh.
no im not saying the muryata is comparable to this build quality just that the UK system lets a lot of things through we wouldnt, south australia, tasmania and i belive darwin are the places to get a car registered in australia perth and all eastern states require rego check every year.

Return to “Subaru Chat”