Caught with my bonnet up....very close call.

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
BRUMBERTY

Caught with my bonnet up....very close call.

Post by BRUMBERTY » Thu May 04, 2006 12:55 pm

Heart rate of 7000 rpm gentleman, arse puckering of the highest order.

I was just getting a little timing light action on the Wonder Brumby and up behind me crept our local town Policeman
(Very good Cop, my age, dealt with him a few times as we manage 140 rental properties.)

"that looks a bit too clean" he says.
I explained I blew oil all over it last week and have just steam cleaned it all. (true)

"How does it go"
Pood my pants a little at this loaded question.

It lets me tow the boat with no effort, I get a fair bit of wood too.
(still true)

I at his stage have the bonnet shut and appologised to him for not fitting the new 65mm flares, the 35mm ones still on there are not quite legal.

Then the ice cracked, phew,
"I didn't really notice" he said. "but I like those black wheels!"
Had a little chat regarding other issues (marine rescue yesterday) and said 'See ya later' (no irony or sarcasm detected).

I think I passed inspection in a small town way.
I don't know whether he was suspicious of my "Air Conditioning Pump" or not.
I am not asking.

I am going home to have a bex and a nice lie down.
1989 Subaru WonderBrumby II
EJ22 Dual range AWD lifted, widened and much happier now thanks very much.

1991 L Series wagon, white and perfectly normal apart from the ticking, no I think that is normal.

Jet boat..webbered EA81 with a hybrid tin dish welded and glued to it.

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Thu May 04, 2006 1:48 pm

lol....and maybe a clean set of jocks too would not hurt....hahahahahaha
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Thu May 04, 2006 2:10 pm

8O Bex and a lie down... forget that now he has seen it go fang'n in it

:D lol

bluesteel

Post by bluesteel » Thu May 04, 2006 3:25 pm

good on ya matt

dont be scared... they can smell fear :twisted:

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Thu May 04, 2006 6:41 pm

If only I lived in a small town....

One can't exactly pass a turbocharger off as an A/C compressor! Good argument for a blower!
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

Dougz

Post by Dougz » Thu May 04, 2006 6:45 pm

One simple answer, become the local copper of a small country town..
I did.. Just dont hold it against me. I am all for crazy mods...
I only pick on idiots with dangerously defective cars because they dont look after them.
Dougz....
84 Brumby - (Project rally car, one day)
89 Brumby
86 Touring Wagon - (with aftermarket turbo)
2004 BA Falcon Ute
2005 VZ SV6 Commodore.

schultzie

Post by schultzie » Thu May 04, 2006 7:08 pm

oh... so your a cop.. whish i had of known when i was talking to you... oh well like i said the car is almost finished... you will get to see it soon enough any way...

but over all if your honest then and not a smart ass then they will usaully leave you alone...

every time i get bretholised in my pannelvan the firs thing the cops see is the capasitor next to my sholder then questions start getting asked... have even been asked to demo it once but declined because we were in a residental area... ( i hate it when people drive past when im asleep with the stereo right up so i dont do it)

So see honesty works...
L-series Ea82t, WAIC+BOV 1Bar, 15's, 5sp dr, WOLF3D V4+, =D

Dougz

Post by Dougz » Thu May 04, 2006 7:24 pm

Yeah, I dont give humans tickets only idiots and smart arses. And believe me there are plenty of them out there. It always amazes me how stupid some people can be. Last bloke I gave tickets to had a go at me cause I told him that he couldnt drive an unregistered car. Called me every name under the sun and that was before I had decided to write him up. Needless to say he got $3800 worth..(after he got back in and did a massive burnout a few mins after we drove off)

So dont worry too much Shultzie. Did you get that email..
Dougz....
89 Brumby
2004 BA Falcon Ute
2005 VZ SV6 Commodore.

schultzie

Post by schultzie » Thu May 04, 2006 7:37 pm

ROFL, that is the height of stupidity, was the burnout worthy though?
more stories...

but as you say it is all tidy and looks like and effort has been made then no stress, at least with my L i know there are problems and im fixin them... no point having spent all this money to have the car die in a year or so....

i think i have hi jacked the thread so my bad... but as you knwo your car is a prime example of how it should be done, if your in ever victoria stay the hell away from knox from thurs till sunday at night because at that time it is known as defect vill a few weeks ago on a taxt ride to the pub i counted 8 cars all pulled over and all getting a going over...

yeah i got the email i sent a pm back
L-series Ea82t, WAIC+BOV 1Bar, 15's, 5sp dr, WOLF3D V4+, =D

BRUMBERTY

Post by BRUMBERTY » Fri May 05, 2006 9:50 am

Jaffa wrote:8O Bex and a lie down... forget that now he has seen it go fang'n in it

:D lol
The reason I am still driving it today is that I don't fang it around the streets, there is plenty of private land. state forest and private gravel roads for that.

I drive like a responsible citizen, he doesn't pull me up.
Its a compromise I am very prepared to run with.
In fact, when passing on the road we exchange waves as any locals do.

Plus, as Dougz mentioned, there are plenty of Policemen out there who actually enjoy what we enjoy.

Maybe in slightly smaller quantities 8) .
1989 Subaru WonderBrumby II
EJ22 Dual range AWD lifted, widened and much happier now thanks very much.

1991 L Series wagon, white and perfectly normal apart from the ticking, no I think that is normal.

Jet boat..webbered EA81 with a hybrid tin dish welded and glued to it.

subiwidow

Post by subiwidow » Sat May 06, 2006 8:25 am

Dougz, can you put me straight on this one.
Hypothetical of course. If your licence has been stolen and has now expired. Tried to get a new one, but because your photo I.D. was stolen they want more proof of who you are, your Dept of Transport boat licence is not enough. And you work the hours that the D.O.T are open and just can't seen to get there on time. Is your car insurance valid? Both CTP and full comprehensive.

Dougz

Post by Dougz » Sat May 06, 2006 12:57 pm

Subiwidow,
Assuming that you are in NSW as not 100% sure on the other states.
Your insurance would be vaild if your car was stolen as long as you didnt mention that you drove it there.
However if you had an accident, when we put your licence details into the computer system it would come up as unlicenced and you would more than likely recieve a ticket - $500 (off top of my head) even if the accident was not your fault.
As for the insurance companies, they will find any excuse not to pay out a claim... If you are unlicenced then they will deem you to be at fault even if you are not and will not pay your insurance claim. Could potentially cost millions if someone was injured/killed (worst case senario)

Also as in incentive to get it done, it is now a requirement to inspect your drivers licence when you get stopped for RBT in NSW.

Ring around some RTAs are open on Saturday mornings. This may help. I assume you are in Queensland though as I think they call it the DOT up there. Not sure if they are open weekends. I assume you have asked though.

You might have to bite the bullet and finish early or take a sick day to get it done cause if you are driving around unlicenced it could be a very costly exercise. If it was just stolen and not expired it would be a different story.
Dougz....
89 Brumby
2004 BA Falcon Ute
2005 VZ SV6 Commodore.

subiwidow

Post by subiwidow » Sat May 06, 2006 6:14 pm

So if your licence has expired, is this the same as if your licence has been taked off you for doing bad stuff.

Dougz

Post by Dougz » Sat May 06, 2006 6:49 pm

Sort of.
If your licence has expired then you are just unlicenced which is a ticket. But if you have had your licence suspended or disqualified by a court (which happens when you do bad stuff) then if you are found driving you will either recieve a FCAN (Field Court Attendance Notice) or be taken to a police station and charged. both bring you before a court to be dealt with by them.

If it is just unlicenced then simply a ticket in NSW.

Either way in the eyes of an insurance company it is an easy way out of paying a claim.

It does get a bit confusing for people as to the different reasons and when your licence status changes from Unlicenced/suspended and Disqualified. But I can explain further if you are confused or need to know anything specific.
Dougz....
89 Brumby
2004 BA Falcon Ute
2005 VZ SV6 Commodore.

Return to “Subaru Chat”