You know you're a subi nut when. . . . . .

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
legacytt

Subi Nut

Post by legacytt » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 pm

At social gatherings people you haven't seen for a few years ask you "are you still into playing with your Subaru's" or "what Subaru have you in bits in the shed at the moment"
Gen 1 Legacy GT 3inch lift and 28's

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:07 pm

when u already have your life earnings spent before you get it on subarus!

BBoypebs

Post by BBoypebs » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:48 pm

when you try to find car parks that you can drive out forward because you can not find reverse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 Subaru Brumby (Currently being restored.:twisted: 84 brumby 2 inch Lift(very rough, Big tires)
Landrover series two. 186 holden banger under hood.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:30 pm

You know you're a subaru nut when you have just about every part of your subaru spare spread from one end of the shed to the other. Or have it in the back of the subi!
velocityboy wrote:when your misses cat pures you get a silly grin your face because you think it sounds like a subi.
Haven't thought about that - but then again I'm not a cat person!
skipalami wrote:When you plan you next subaru while you are purchasing you current one.
Nice, I've still not moved from my first subaru.
Alex wrote:each time you see a l-series on the road you randomly scream out 'l-series' in a very high pitched voice, scaring the shit out of everyone in the car
Green_eyed_liberty wrote:SWEET! so im not the only one! haha except i yell out "BRUMBY LUV!"
We play the game (wife & mother inlaw - sunnie the brumby owner) "Brumby" - basically it's like punch buggy red etc, but we play it with the brumbys instead and don't punch eachother. Great game - Grandma is starting to get into it too :twisted:
Gannon wrote:You know you are a subi nut when you remember the day you bought your Subaru, but forget your wedding anniversary
^ GOLD!
BBoypebs wrote:when you try to find car parks that you can drive out forward because you can not find reverse.
Still not got reverse Adam? I thought you would have had that box out 5 minutes after getting home!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:57 pm

when you insist on climbing out of your window when driving to wave at a passing l-series... nearly resulting in numerous crashes and still dont learn.
"the wisest of men followed the stars"
<a href="http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthrea ... 200">CHLOE THE LIBERTY</a>
to do list:
-3" strut, 2" body lift uni mid-year break

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:33 pm

and look who a post like this brings out of the woodwork - Ian from Lonny! Still using your old manuals - they just have had a new purpose in that they have pics of Vortices in them.

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:05 pm

BBoypebs wrote:when you try to find car parks that you can drive out forward because you can not find reverse.
gold!:-D

dave

Post by dave » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:18 pm

thunder039 wrote:gold!:-D
or making sure you park on a hill so you can roll back out of the park. or just getting lots of practice at pushing the old girl. love it! :mrgreen:
R.I.P old brumby
2 inch lift, cut guards, 27" tires with 14" sunraysiers, loved it!! :mrgreen:

my current subie
L series, all the normal lift with big wheels (27" BFG ATR's), custom front and rear bars with rear tire swinger, roof racks and some other goodies. soon to have a snorkel and a nice ej22 dropped in it along with a gearbox which i havent decided on yet

dave

Post by dave » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 pm

or making sure you park on a hill so you can roll back out of the park. or just getting lots of practice at pushing the old girl. love it! :mrgreen:
R.I.P old brumby
2 inch lift, cut guards, 27" tires with 14" sunraysiers, loved it!! :mrgreen:

my current subie
L series, all the normal lift with big wheels (27" BFG ATR's), custom front and rear bars with rear tire swinger, roof racks and some other goodies. soon to have a snorkel and a nice ej22 dropped in it along with a gearbox which i havent decided on yet

legacytt

Subi Nut

Post by legacytt » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:16 am

steptoe wrote:and look who a post like this brings out of the woodwork - Ian from Lonny! Still using your old manuals - they just have had a new purpose in that they have pics of Vortices in them.
Good to hear, were they the complete factory L series ones in big blue folders? Yes Im am still playing the subi game. Just restoring a G1 S1 GT Legacy, have lifted Gen 3 Outback, Lifted MY Coupe and Lib ute paddock basher.
Gen 1 Legacy GT 3inch lift and 28's

Dann

Post by Dann » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:21 pm

When you go to bed at night you think, 'whats the next thing you can mod or fix on your subie' :shock:
Cheers,
Dann
http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthrea ... t=dann%27s

Looking for:
- LSD diff

IMG_0957 by Dann_Evans, on Flickr

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:59 pm

Dann wrote:When you go to bed at night you think, 'whats the next thing you can mod or fix on your subie' :shock:
I do that all the time. Last night it was like ; yeah a Subaxtreme bullbar, K&N air filter, snorkel, new sump guard, uhf radio, dual battery system an oil change and rear diff oil change. I could spend endless money on the car. All worth it though :cool:

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:16 pm

when you have to get your girlfriends dad whom you've never met to bump start your l-series down the street after waking him up and being kicked out of her room and are still elated at the sound of her running engine.
to do list:

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:37 pm

woody.t wrote:when you have to get your girlfriends dad whom you've never met to bump start your l-series down the street after waking him up and being kicked out of her room and are still elated at the sound of her running engine.

Please elaborate..... It sounds like it could be a very funny story.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:14 pm

ahah well goes something along the lines of... was paying an after hours visit to an old girlfriend of mine when her dad (who happened to be a kick-boxing champion and insisting on reminding me of this fact more often then i would consider necessary) worked out i was there came into her room luckily abit late ;) and insisted not so politely that i leave, needless to say i made haste in getting down stairs and to my car only to that my old l-series wouldn't start, i couldn't bare the thought of leaving her there and walking to short distance home so i braved a beat down from the dad to go back inside and ask him for a push.. he was less then impressed as it was about 2am and pissing down with rain.
to do list:

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:11 pm

woody.t wrote:ahah well goes something along the lines of... was paying an after hours visit to an old girlfriend of mine when her dad (who happened to be a kick-boxing champion and insisting on reminding me of this fact more often then i would consider necessary) worked out i was there came into her room luckily abit late ;) and insisted not so politely that i leave, needless to say i made haste in getting down stairs and to my car only to that my old l-series wouldn't start, i couldn't bare the thought of leaving her there and walking to short distance home so i braved a beat down from the dad to go back inside and ask him for a push.. he was less then impressed as it was about 2am and pissing down with rain.
Thats CLASSIC :cool:

You sir are a very brave or very foolish man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Hahaha. Classic alright!

Did he help push?

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:56 am

Dann wrote:When you go to bed at night you think, 'whats the next thing you can mod or fix on your subie' :shock:
And which organ can I sell to fund it!
woody.t wrote:ahah well goes something along the lines of... was paying an after hours visit to an old girlfriend of mine when her dad (who happened to be a kick-boxing champion and insisting on reminding me of this fact more often then i would consider necessary) worked out i was there came into her room luckily abit late ;) and insisted not so politely that i leave, needless to say i made haste in getting down stairs and to my car only to that my old l-series wouldn't start, i couldn't bare the thought of leaving her there and walking to short distance home so i braved a beat down from the dad to go back inside and ask him for a push.. he was less then impressed as it was about 2am and pissing down with rain.
RESPECT! You're one brave man - especially after your activities earlier...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

dj fbi

Post by dj fbi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:10 am

You know your a subi nut when... you finally go to sell you wagon after it sitting there for a year and you end up buying a engine for it of the guy that has come to buy it. I cant part with it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1991 L series touring wagon, ea82t,tdo4,tmic,vl 380cc injectors,adjustable fuel pressure regulator,pod,5 speed rs turbo awd gear box,lsd diff,3 inch zorst to big ass cannon ect.. my baby

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:25 pm

You know your a subi nut when... you coast into a petrol station so the policeman fueling up his pursuit car doesn't notice the straight through exhaust system on your brumby.

today 3.30 pm at Coolup on the old highway

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Return to “Subaru Chat”