Your Opinion?

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
bella

Your Opinion?

Post by bella » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:09 am

I suppose that you guys have heard about USMB.....what do you thing....fairly speaking. :?:
**SUBARU Leone 86' , EA 82, 1.8GL, 4wd, carb ,250.000 KM....Gasoline and LPG **

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:54 pm

Its on the other side of the world so not much. Some of them are pure nut bags and there are a select few who actually know which end of a subaru is which.

smoov

Post by smoov » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:47 pm

you're asking our opinion about what, specifically?
1998 Subaru Legacy GTB

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:53 pm

USMB doesn't really do it for me, I'm not overly fond of the layout and found that generally people are very negative, when someone comes up with a new or challenging ideas they seem to get at least half a dozen people telling them it can't be done or it's not worth it before someone supportive comes along.

And they people who actually know their stuff are few and far between.

This is just my opinion, each to their own I spose.

Jordan.
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

redskin

Post by redskin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:53 am

Ditto, but it gives us an indication of how good ours is.

subabooba

Post by subabooba » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:54 am

Too many yanks for my liking!

Anyway I just wanted to say Baron that animated gif is a pisser!! Love it.

Kev

Post by Kev » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:09 pm

I assume that USMB is a website? Please give us the full address so that we can form an opinion.

coupe

ok

Post by coupe » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:26 pm

I had a fair amount of post and dealings with them.
I found that as with all of these types of forums, most are fine and you get a small amount of complete D/heads that post alot but have no content.
But on a whole the site is helpful and people nice. :) :)
If you want a site full of tossers try the Ford Forum these guys are one of a kind.....
Quick disclaimer ....these views are not the views of the Ausubaru forum or its members...nor do we have any problem with hillbillies..lol :wink: :wink: :wink:

redskin

Post by redskin » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:27 pm

Google search, Ultimate Subaru Message Board, and you will find it.

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:26 pm

subabooba wrote:Anyway I just wanted to say Baron that animated gif is a pisser!! Love it.
Thanks, I like it, hopefully it will change soon :wink:

BTW: If any one wants an animated gif I'm glad to whack something together, just post some pics and a quick description of what you want.

Jordan

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:08 pm

Without the USMB i would not have done my EJ conversion. Also without that web site i would not have my MY Hatch.... or even be aware of it's existance.

My car belongs to 25% me... 25% to the AuSubaru and 50% to USMB as far as im concerned... beacuse without one of these i would not be driving what i am today.

So... as u might have guessed my opionion is that they are great... there are a lot of ideas that are brought up on this site that have originated from there.
:)

Kev... full address is http://www.USMB.net . It's an American based Subaru web site much like this one... but basically covers the rest of the world.

Dave

aspro

Post by aspro » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:12 pm

You have to wade through a bit of bs, but there have been some great ideas and awesome subabeasties built in the US. it would be my second favorite site.

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:16 pm

Don't get me wrong, it can be a good resource, I particularly like the usmb repair manual, with out which I'd still be driving a 4 speed single range.

And there are some deadset genious's on there but the number of, to put it kindly, pesimists on there really turns me off it.

With enough time, money and/or effort, anybody can achieve anything.

What I like about ausubaru is that if someone wants to attempt a new or difficult project people will point out the difficulties and possibly a better way of achieving the result but will respect a persons decision once all things have been considered.

I just don't see that on USMB.

Jordan

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:09 am

If anything I find USMB very helpful. You say there’s a lot of "D/heads", and "Too many yanks", and you say the people are negative. If anything the people on USMB are no worse then the people here (just read what these people here are saying about USMB and think for a bit)... I find here you get a lot of people (one or two in particular) that just say amazingly stupid negative things about people’s ideas. Like on that twin cab brumby post ( just cos you don’t have a use for it doesn't mean it has no uses :roll: ) (BTW, I think it is ugly and I never really liked twin cabs, but some people do, so...)
I find out a lot of useful stuff on that forum, all the cool things like EFI EA82s and the EFI EA81 mod... You get people from all over the world talking about ideas, fixing problems and all. And they have a strict no ad thing going on, its great. Speedy surfing makes it nice when I go over my limit.
But AUSubaru forum is great for local knowledge of the local cars. And also a fair bit more on duel carb subies (the US never got those.) I like both, and that’s why I use both.
Owned - 89 Brumby, 83 Wagon, 83 Leone 4WD Sedan, 83 Touring Wagon, 99 Outback
Own - 87 Brumby, 93 Liberty, 09 Forester
Offroading Subarus Facebook Page

spaceage

Post by spaceage » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:48 am

I think they are ok the info out of the forum like the rims for80's subaru's etc is excellent, I'm not too happy atm though their sites down lol :( and phizinza I completely agree about there being one or two people here that act like pesimistic arseholes
1999 Impreza RX

bella

Post by bella » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:58 pm

smoov wrote:you're asking our opinion about what, specifically?
about Ultimate Subaru Message Board-www.ultimatesubaru.net

bella

Post by bella » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:07 pm

Phizinza wrote:If anything I find USMB very helpful. You say there’s a lot of "D/heads", and "Too many yanks", and you say the people are negative. If anything the people on USMB are no worse then the people here (just read what these people here are saying about USMB and think for a bit)... I find here you get a lot of people (one or two in particular) that just say amazingly stupid negative things about people’s ideas. Like on that twin cab brumby post ( just cos you don’t have a use for it doesn't mean it has no uses :roll: ) (BTW, I think it is ugly and I never really liked twin cabs, but some people do, so...)
I find out a lot of useful stuff on that forum, all the cool things like EFI EA82s and the EFI EA81 mod... You get people from all over the world talking about ideas, fixing problems and all. And they have a strict no ad thing going on, its great. Speedy surfing makes it nice when I go over my limit.
But AUSubaru forum is great for local knowledge of the local cars. And also a fair bit more on duel carb subies (the US never got those.) I like both, and that’s why I use both.
Agreed with you...I use both too :idea:

smoov

Post by smoov » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:23 pm

bella wrote:
smoov wrote:you're asking our opinion about what, specifically?
about Ultimate Subaru Message Board-www.ultimatesubaru.net
ahh ok.

can't say i've used them. found all the info i ever needed to know right here.
1998 Subaru Legacy GTB

Return to “Subaru Chat”