Brett's old orange lib wagon questions.

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
SuBaRiNo

Brett's old orange lib wagon questions.

Post by SuBaRiNo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Just looking for some additional information on how this vehicle is set up as far as the engine management goes.

I have to do some wiring on this and I needed to know (at the time it left Brett's pocession) if it was using the correct ecu for the motor and the piggy back computer was just used for performance and to compensate for the engine mods.? Or was the piggy back used to make an incorrect ecu work with this motor? (eg: maybe an ej22 ecu on ej25 motor)

It's basically due for a wiring overhall and it won't be running the piggy back anymore due to unreliability.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:05 pm

No one knows anything about it? Does Brett still come on the forums?

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:31 pm

It's orange :???:

Sorry I'm of no other help. I think brett is on here from time to time...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:59 am

Didnt Vidler buy this? and I thought it had a turbo motor?
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:31 am

Yeah Vidler had it. Someone else has it now. And yeah sorry it's turbo.

Dave

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:25 am

El_Freddo wrote:It's orange :???:

Sorry I'm of no other help. I think brett is on here from time to time...

Cheers

Bennie
hahaha.. that was my only help to Dave too :???:

Would be good to hear from Brett, so Dave can get this car in a reliable condition, so Matt can take it out with confidence.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Just did some searching for threads created by vidler and there is mention of a Microtech LTX8
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:32 pm

What I remember...

Brett had it set up with a custom built motor, and a Microtech aftermarket map based ECU. It still had most of a butchered original loom in the car but the running of the actual motor was done by the Microtech.
When that motor crapped itself, I *think* a matching loom and stock motor were installed from a frontcut bought from JWS Wangara - possibly even done by JWS mechanics. So based on that, it *should* be fairly good wiring wise, but I don't know perhaps some of the original loom was still left in.

Sounds like it needs an entire donor loom installed to fix it up once and for all.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 pm

JWS have done nothing to the harness. I have had a bit to do with this car lately and the wiring is still very far from satisfactory. How ever it was when Brett sold it the engine management system is still wired the same.

It has a microtech I want to remove. I want to wire it back up to the factory loom and computer but I'm worried that the computer isn't even for an ej25 turbo. At the end of the day it's not a race car and it does need to be reliable.

Dave

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:01 pm

from what i can recall davo, the origional ecu was only part of the car to run the auto gearbox? got its info from the microtech and did its thing with the auto (caus engine comp wont run it)

davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:58 am

"the wisest of men followed the stars"
<a href="http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthrea ... 200">CHLOE THE LIBERTY</a>
to do list:
-3" strut, 2" body lift uni mid-year break

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 am

Might be best to find a WRX (GC model) auto loom and install that, then have AllStar Garage tune it to suit the EJ25. You probably be best to ask ASG (before buying it) what version they can currently tune. The Impreza has a pretty similar layout to the Gen2's.

Otherwise make a suggestion to Matt, to have it converted to manual and just use a EJ25T wiring loom.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Subaru Chat”