Cleaning

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Shauno

Cleaning

Post by Shauno » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:39 pm

Well i just sent the last 4-5 hours cleaning my wrx due to it being used as a bridal car next weekend :cool:

What products do you guys use ?

Im sick of not being able to get no streaks through my windows its drivnig me fookin nuts! I got an expensive chamois etc etc but it still doesnt seem to do the job!?!?!? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

I am also looking at getting bootholes/bootlock filled in and boot/bonnet resprayed black as well as my sideskirts done in white, Anyone can suggest a decent priced panel shop who does a good job ? The car also needs a good cut and polish so that can be added to the list!

Any help again would be appreciated.

Subaru MY01 WRX - Own:twisted:

julian

Post by julian » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:10 pm

For streak free windows try using scrunched up newspaper to take the last bit of water off after chamoising and make sure your hands are really clean and grease free. Sounds weird but give it a go.
Also there is a product called rain-x that does a great job on exterior glass, gives them a good sparkle and makes water bead and slide off really well (at country speeds you dont even need to use wipers in a light rain).
Julian

2004 Outback H6
2004 Forester XS

Organ donation saves lives

TW83

Post by TW83 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:16 pm

Noooo, not another black hood, boot combo. Its too ricey, almost as a gay as a 4 inch canon on an Excel.

I use two of those Enjo gloves. One for washing and another shamy like one for drying. They work great dont usualluy even have to use detergent.

Imprezive

Post by Imprezive » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:34 pm

Use a polish on the windows and wait for it to dry white. Then rub the polish off with a wooly rag and you have perfect, shiny, streak-free windows :)

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:51 pm

Maguires Speed Detailer is the stuff.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

SubbyDave

Post by SubbyDave » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:57 pm

I used to work in a glass screen printing place, and the best way to clean there was metho and newspaper, then just dry newspaper to finish it off.

Windex and stuff like that works ok but will leave some oily residue that will attract dirt and dust, not good for the outside of the windscreen.

BrennyV

Post by BrennyV » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:03 pm

steam dream!
its all i have to say :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VER7 STI (FOR SALE) & RIP EJ22 AWD LEONE
PIX @ www.webshots.com/user/4muff

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote ... 02861.html

Return to “Subaru Chat”