Hirise Subaru

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
steve_rising_sun

Hirise Subaru

Post by steve_rising_sun » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:47 am

Hi can anyone tell me what is going on with this guy? Two of my guys have paid for kits but no delivery. One of my guys dad lives up there and called in, promised kits on the way but no joy. David wont answer calls/emails after making promise after promise. Last call we made they told us he doesn' live there anymore and hung up. Have we been ripped off?
Steve

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:14 am

Last time I spoke to him on his mobile phone a month or so ago (the number listed on the website) he said he was going to stop making lift kits for good very soon. He didn't mention anything about what he is doing about existing orders (naturally it's none of my business).
Since then his mobile phone has been disconnected.

I think that he will fill existing orders as he has always stuck me as a top bloke from my dealings with him in the past.
It's my guess that for whatever reason he either has no interest in doing them any more or some kind of reason which is preventing him. In which case he will probably just take a long time to do them or eventually offer a refund.

Of course I really have no idea but again, he's always struck me as a top bloke so hopefully he will do the right thing by people.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:44 pm

He lost his old phone and now has a new number with the new phone. He has told me that he was going to finish making the kits that people had paid for and then not any more. Just keep trying to get him on his email address.

steve_rising_sun

Post by steve_rising_sun » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:25 am

The guys have emailed and emailed but we will try again. Can we have his new phone number?
Steve

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:07 am

Steve, I spoke to him this morning. There has been a huge mix up with things and I am sure he will explain it all to you. I will send you his new number by PM. I have let him know you are looking for him and he has assured me that he is not hiding from any one.

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:16 pm

I've emailed the hirise email a couple of times as well.

subalex

Post by subalex » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm trying to find someone to supply a replacement steering extension for a 3" lifted L series and am just as eager as you guys to get back in touch with David at Hirise. Can you send me the number as well? Or is there another maker who can do this ASAP.

Alex
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:04 pm

subalex wrote:I'm trying to find someone to supply a replacement steering extension for a 3" lifted L series and am just as eager as you guys to get back in touch with David at Hirise. Can you send me the number as well? Or is there another maker who can do this ASAP.

Alex
Are you kidding?

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:08 pm

subalex wrote:I'm trying to find someone to supply a replacement steering extension for a 3" lifted L series and am just as eager as you guys to get back in touch with David at Hirise. Can you send me the number as well? Or is there another maker who can do this ASAP.

Alex
see if you can find this other supplier BYB. http://www.thebackyardboys. com type that in and see what you find :p

subalex

Post by subalex » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:18 am

ok ok ok I know I was asking for the obvious when I wrote "or is there another maker..." considering I'm on the BYB forum. However, I was really after getting in touch with HiRise. Anyhoo. In the absence of any sense regarding HiRise I'll get in touch with BYB.
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

steve_rising_sun

Post by steve_rising_sun » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Thanks guys the kits rolled up today.
Can I have Daves number again please?
Steve

Return to “Subaru Chat”