So Close yet so far // Brumby vs Hail

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:11 pm

sven '2' wrote:it seems a seasonal occurrence if you live in Sydney or Brisbane?
Or Melbourne and surrounding areas or Perth...

Moral is: don't live in or near capital cities!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:55 am

El_Freddo wrote:Or Melbourne and surrounding areas or Perth...

Moral is: don't live in or near capital cities!

Cheers

Bennie
So killer hail is in Sydney, Perth, Brisbane & Melbourne...at least 45C Adelaide summer days does not dent panels!

So there must be 1000s of cars damaged every year? Do some (most?) people just give up and drive damaged cars about?
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Mine got written off about 3 years ago in the big Perth storm, it was insured for just under 14k and because it was with Shannons I had the opportunity to buy it back.........The assessor came around and wanted $5,500, I talked him down to $4,000 and took a check for over $9,000 hehehehe, about 30min after he left I went out and blew the doors of a new Maserati in my $4,000 shitter.....Twice haha, I've never really given a rats arse what the car looked like and never washed it but I did I end up buying a glue dent removing slide hammer from the US and got it to the stage where it just looks battered lol but to be honest I don't even notice it any more, just as long as it'll still do a flat 13sec I'm happy.

Prepsol takes the glue 100% straight off, just spray over it and wait a few secs then knock it off with a plastic scraper, I ended up not using the glue gun but re-used the glue by putting it on top of the light I was using which kept it melted and just dipping the heads into it, I only used half a stick to do the entire car and it was pretty bad.

Before, pretty hard to see how bad it really was.

This was probably the hardest to get rid of as the panel is really strong here but tou can se below it's just a mark now.

After, this was the worst side, luckily no glass was broken and only 2 minute cracks in the tail lights though it was under a car cover which was torn to shreds.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

Return to “Subaru Chat”