delivery at last!!

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
vidler
General Member

delivery at last!!

Post by vidler » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:00 am

well after 14 hours in labour the mrs has given birth to a baby boy!!!

Just toying with you all:) finally taking delivery of our new xt forester. Will be picking it up tomorrow morning just in time to pack it up and cruise down south for the long weekend.

awesome:p
09 Forester XT Touring Wagon

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:24 am

awesome! Congratulations. Show us some pictures and have fun!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:39 am

will do. Only issues i have is in regards to the lying pr#ck of a salesman we had. for that reason we'll never be buying another new car from that dealership again (osborne park). Cant wait to fill out the customer service feedback:twisted:

when we signed the contract, the car was coming on the 28th of Jan, called mid jan to get vin number/engine number and rego for insurance, and oh, his mistake, its not coming till end of feb...

when i had a go at him and questioned this, his story changed from when we went in first (car is on order already) to he's specifically ordered this car for us and he ordered it the minute we left the dealership

and yesterday, he told me they haven't got the tow bar that i got thrown in with all the other accessories, because subaru has recalled them (???) went and had a look last night at the other cars in the dealer, saw many tow bars fitted on vehicles ready for pick up. I'm guessing they've sold it to someone else. So ill have to find the time to make an extra trip in there to get the tow bar fitted..... can someone say "loan car" :)

Fatz
General Member

Post by Fatz » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:39 am

Nice one.
About time Vid.. hope it all get sorted out

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:11 pm

getting it tonight now, no one will be there to hand over tomorrow so im being forced to get it this arvo:( oh no. hahaha:)

hot diggity

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:11 pm

snapy snap time!!
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:50 pm

ha ha. its wicked:) so far best bit is have a new windscreen. so clean its like its not even there:) lol.

keen to start cruising down south 2morrow.... mrs and I had to do paper scissors rock to see who drove it first and who's driving it down south.... i won both:)

gx_rex

Post by gx_rex » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:29 pm

Nice... So what is the progress on the B4?

seagull

Post by seagull » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:12 am

vidler wrote:well after 14 hours in labour the mrs has given birth to a baby boy!!!

Just toying with you all:) finally taking delivery of our new xt forester. Will be picking it up tomorrow morning just in time to pack it up and cruise down south for the long weekend.

awesome:p
The cot is here when you need it .

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:25 am

gx_rex wrote:Nice... So what is the progress on the B4?
engine will be reassembled within a week, just waiting for some little dust seals for the timing belt cover to come from sydney.... thats my fult for throwing out the old stuff too soon.... my bad:) will be dropping the engine in next time im in perth and hopefully firing her up. touch wood.

Overall plan now for vehicles is selling the b4, financially better off keeping the mrs car and we still need a bunky for the dog as he'll be in the forester as little as possible.

no doubt ill take few car pics this wknd so will post em up on monday.

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:48 am

hahah u scared me for a second.

good to hear the new baby has arrived :)

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:28 am

I think he is too busy spending time with his baby!!! No wonder he hasn't said anything :P
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page

aware

Post by aware » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:44 am

How's the new car going? Any pictures?

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:36 pm

cars going great but been too busy driving it to stop, get out and take pics:) bad news is Im already making a claim on my insurance for it. Mrs was waiting at a set of lights in northbridge on the wknd, hummer limmo turned up her street, cut the corner and swiped the bumper. Only scratched the paint and the fog light surround but considering the fog light surround isnt replaceable it'll need a new bumper skin. Ill be slipping them a carton to get the old one back so i can start making a tubular front bar for it:) saves taking the new one off over and over again:)

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 am

spotted it the day u went down south on the freeway....nice white..with that unmistakeable orange/yellow surf ski on the roof;)

i was even on the other side of the freeway thats how much it stood out..looks good :)

dave
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:31 am

vidler wrote:cars going great but been too busy driving it to stop, get out and take pics:) bad news is Im already making a claim on my insurance for it. Mrs was waiting at a set of lights in northbridge on the wknd, hummer limmo turned up her street, cut the corner and swiped the bumper. Only scratched the paint and the fog light surround but considering the fog light surround isnt replaceable it'll need a new bumper skin. Ill be slipping them a carton to get the old one back so i can start making a tubular front bar for it:) saves taking the new one off over and over again:)
Oh bugger... it happens to a lot of people who got their "brand new" car and get damaged quickly... a mate of mine got a new car and 24 hours later it was written off... and was a badluck... he had to wait for 2 months to get a replacement and he regretted trading in his old car.

All the best for your new Subaru!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

aware

Post by aware » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:49 pm

vidler wrote:cars going great but been too busy driving it to stop, get out and take pics:) bad news is Im already making a claim on my insurance for it. Mrs was waiting at a set of lights in northbridge on the wknd, hummer limmo turned up her street, cut the corner and swiped the bumper. Only scratched the paint and the fog light surround but considering the fog light surround isnt replaceable it'll need a new bumper skin. Ill be slipping them a carton to get the old one back so i can start making a tubular front bar for it:) saves taking the new one off over and over again:)
Mate, that is unlucky. There are somebad stories abot new cars. A guy at my dad's work, picked up his brand new Captiva (Ok, not as good as a Forester) from the dealership, and turned on to a freeway in Brisbane. He was sideswiped by a B-Double and the car was a write-off. He owned it for all of 45mins. Got a new one soon after though.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Looking forward to the pics, and lets hope it gets fixed quickly.

Enjoy it, and all the best.

Willie

Post by Willie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Congrats on new car - you'll get many years of enjoyable motoring from it.

I still love our's - had it 3 years now! XT Foz's are fantastic cars.
Willie.
Canberra

MY06 Forester XT Luxury
MY05 Pajero Exceed DiD
1975 VW L Bug (1303)

Return to “Subaru Chat”