Nearly the end for me and my Subie...

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
last celtic warrior

Nearly the end for me and my Subie...

Post by last celtic warrior » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:42 am

Yesterday morning, on my way down to Gympie for work (SubieBoys), I had a couple of scruffy yobs in an old EA Falcon fly up my ass when I was overtaking a Landcruiser towing a caravan. It was getting near the end of the overtaking lane, the Falcon was almost touching the back of my car, I hit the brakes to make him back off, then he floored it and nudged me, I hit the picks again to try and shake him off, he came up and sat his bumper against my tow ball and consequently my speed increased to around 110 kph while the Landcruiser twit was oblivious and tried to race me for the end of the overtaking lane. Then... The Falcon tosser swung out over the double lines, Landcruiser started pulling into my lane, I swerved to avoid him, the Falcon driver finished me off by aggressively slamming his car into the side of mine, slinging me out of control, fishtailing right then left and big long slide as the back end came around and I was facing the Landcruiser bearing down on me while I continued to slide ass first over the side of the highway into a deep gully and finished up in a rocky culvert taking out a guide post somewhere along the way.

Checked myself over, was pretty much unhurt, clambered out of my car after switching everything off and clawed my way up the steep embankment to the highway to see where the other car ended up. A minute later, he comes cruising back up the highway and after waiting for a couple of trucks, lights it up and screeches around and over towards me, him and his passenger yell a heap of abuse at me and p!ssbolt, leaving me and any kids I might have had in the back seat for dead (I could have had serious internal injuries). Couldn't get his rego number because it was too dirty to make out.

Not to worry though. Fantastic bloke in a nice black Merc CLK Kompressor who saw it all happen in his rear view mirror came back to see if I was alive and what he could do. A champ truckie also pulled over to help in any way he could. After they made sure I was ok and I had people coming to help get my car out, they went on their way.

That's when I got the chance to go back down and check my car over before shifting some of the huge rocks from in front of my car (that I'd gone over already) and relocated them under the side of my car to partially fill that part of the culvert. Checked line of attack, got in and fired her up, clicked my nifty 4WD button and urged the car to claw it's way out. Drove back up the fenceline and back onto the highway near the end of the embankment where it met the cutting. Gave the car another checkover for the road, tested driveline, brakes and steering before building up speed and making sure all was still good as I continued on my way to work...

Well, I did call my car "The Tank" for a reason... :mrgreen:

Steve.

- BARNES AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGIES -

rubisubi

Post by rubisubi » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 am

Who says drugs dont hurt anyone! Idiots hey?

brumbyrunner
General Member

Post by brumbyrunner » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:01 am

Holy smokes. That's Helltown for you I suppose. Glad to hear you're okay though.
So, did you have kids in the car with you?
Settlement Creek Racing

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:16 am

Nah Stuart, thankfully didn't have my kids that trip. But could have, and the d!ck in the Falcon wouldn't have known if I had kids in the back while he was ramming me off the road...
Steve.

rubisubi

Post by rubisubi » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:24 am

What did the cops say! Did anyone else get his plates??? My friend in the ACT had the same thing happen to him but the car that hit him was stolen.

Kappage

Post by Kappage » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 am

WOW! that sucks big time.. Youve gotta hate idiots like that! :twisted: :twisted:

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:10 am

Not good at all to hear those sort of retards are still alive and driving. Good to hear you are OK. Trust you got to work on time then? If you believe we are creatures of habit you may find these same retards travel the same route at the same time on more days than this one. If you got another beast to drive for a while so as if you see it can get close enough for plate ID or even a pic !

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:58 am

Wow a very lucky escape. Just think the average MY owner who may not be an enthusiast likely wouldn't have their brakes and suspension up to anywhere near your standard, probably would have ended much much worse!
I looked at your first photo there and thought..."oh yeh theres a pic of the skid marks, I guess he must have ended up just on the side and then moved for the pic"....then I noticed the back of the little blue roof in the background!!

Wilbur
General Member

Post by Wilbur » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:07 pm

The problem with people is, well, they are people. And people do stupid things.

Glad you didn't get hurt. Must have been a wild feeling leaving the road like that.
There is only one thing you must do in your life. Everything else is a choice.

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:26 pm

Glad your all right

I drive for a living and i see clowns like that all the time.

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

ian059

Post by ian059 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:16 pm

I'm sure there a more nutters like them up in redneck country (Gympie).

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:18 pm

holy shit steve, that sucks big time!!! i know from traveling this road for the last 6 years there is some absolute wankers on it!! good to see you are ok!! could have beena hell of alot worse by the looks. shame you didnt get the marons plate!!

by the way i saw you last weekend in maryborough at the light near superchump, car looks good in the fleash!!

bryan
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:37 pm

Glad to hear your alright.My parents seen you car down the ditch.They were telling me a story about a little blue car they had seen yesterday.My dad mentioned that up the road abit further were some guys in a falcon driving like idiots.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

subasurf

Post by subasurf » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:06 pm

Faark. If only ya dad had jogged down their number eh.

riksta

Post by riksta » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:38 pm

F@!#$&* idiots, thay think thay are so smart.

Glad you are ok and not hurt, apart from the door and gard what else is broken/bent?

I am on the Hi Way every day going up the coast now and you see lots of drivers that should not be aloud behind the wheel a car.

Glad your ok and that someone stoped to see if you were allright.

Rik.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Im now all grown up to an outback with a 2" lift and outback struts, ready to go off road and take on the world.

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Geez mate.... you are lucky and it could have been ten times worse than that, lucky it could have been worse... glad you guys are okay, I had near-miss in similar situation on the highway, it pisses me off when an arrogant person does that on the highway. Hope you're okay days after that...
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

last celtic warrior

Post by last celtic warrior » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Thankfully I thought ahead when I built this car and that helped save my life, and the car itself. That combined with me being completely calm and decisive about what I was doing while I was sliding across the highway like that, meant I am fine and the car only has the minor cosmetic damage you can see in the pics and a slight knock of the exhaust against something underneath under hard braking on dirt because it or one of its mountings was very slightly bent during the slide down the embankment. No other damage to the car at all except one mudflap screw pulled out (wheel alignment still perfect, door locks are all still perfectly aligned, no noticeable scrapes underneath, tyres have no flat spots, no extra squeaks or rattles)...

The thing with this incident is, it was a vicious and deliberate act on the Falcon loser's part. I didn't like him threatening my life by tailgating within inches of my bumper at 100kph, so he rammed me and after that pushed me to 110kph with his bumper against my tow ball. When I made it obvious I wasn't going to tolerate that shit, that's when he came around me and rammed his car into mine so hard it locked my right front wheel against the side of his POS, spinning me out of control in front of the Landcruiser and caravan. That is outright "attempted vehicular manslaughter" apart from all the other charges he should cop. The bastard was actually violently trying to kill me... My wife and kids almost lost me in this incident...

Hunted him down though. Have sighted him, his buckled Falcon and his partner's Falcon (that turned up 5 minutes after I was hit) all at his home. Had his POS hidden up under their house in front of the other car, so I still couldn't get the plate number, but I now have his address to give the Police in the morning.

I'm really getting a bit touchy about these useless meatheads out there deliberately threatening my life (and my wife's and kids' lives) or trying to kill me and my wife and children using their POS cars as a weapon. Knives and baseball bats are getting to be a little mild and passive in comparison to how some of these deadbeats are using cars in violent acts against others...
Steve.

Reg Brumbys

Post by Reg Brumbys » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:14 am

When you think about all of the possibilities there that could of been encountered you shake your head - another bit of road with heavily treed shoulders, concrete barriers, sliding the other way into the oncoming traffic - cripes.

Given the nature of what this f#@K knuckle has done (the malice and intent involved), I'd say he'd be know to the local coppers and with your report, collaboration of the bloke in the merc they can hopefully deal with it - leave them to it (remembering we have a legal system, not a justice system) let us know how they get on here.

Most importantly mate your all right... the kids still have their dad... your wife still has her husband... and the icing on the cake is the Tank just needs a bit of a massage.

"The Express"
Subaru Brumby 1990
2" B-Y-B LIFT (New)
Power Steering
14" Wheels with Maxxis Bravo MT-753's
Spotties
L-Series Interior Light
Roll Bar (to be added)

axle

Post by axle » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:37 am

This is the reason I gave up riding bikes. Just not worth it now I have kids as well.

Did u get the details of the witnesses.

Glad your ok and hope the falcon fwits rot in hell.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:45 am

great piece of detective work in finding the car !!

wonder what this neanderthal and his tribe would do if he woke to find his house surrounded by MY subies all lights ablaze horns honking on a dark night !!

Return to “Subaru Chat”