General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi all
My name is Cliff and as a "watcher" for a while decided to post a message.
I'm from the Upper Hunter region west of Newcastle in NSW. I have been driving for 30 years and about 17 cars later have settled down to Subaru's.
My first Subaru was an 88 L series wagon with dual range 4WD and my current machine is an 82 MY touring wagon which was an auto but is now a dual range with 3.7 diff/transmission. Current mods (apart from the auto to man conversion) are 2" Scorpion lift, modified air cleaner element to allow max air flow from all around the assembly, removal of the first muffler in the first stage of the exhaust system, and as of 2 days ago 14" rims with (I know they are too small) 185/60R14 tires (they came with the rims). The MY has the usual touring wagon options like carpet (don't like it), A/C, P/S, elec windows, full analogue dash and all the other nice stuff and completely original. Even has an original AUNGER rear window louver. All the interior is in about 95% pristine condition. Unfortunately, the metallic paint has not aged well and is in about 60% condition. It has 237,000 original k's on the clock. I have more to say but this can wait for future messages.

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Welcome mate, and you're more then welcome to throw some pics up ;)
If you want rubber for some offroading ability, 14" are a great improvement over the stock 13", also I don't think going to a 15" on the older scubes is much better then 14". So stick with yours. But for street, who knows. Probably throw some 19s under it.... :O haha. What rims are they by the way?

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:33 pm

awesome.. sounds good yeah... toss some pics of your Subaru!
Sounds good yeah...
Catch ya sometime..
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

wrxtc

Post by wrxtc » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:31 pm

welcome cliff ,great site great peoples enjoy :)
[SIGPIC][http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7845/003ic7.jpg[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]/SIGPIC]

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:29 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
I will be as consistent as possible with posts but due to wife, 4 kids, work etc, will try to catch up when able.
I have put some pics of my poor neglected MY in the photo section of the form under "Cliff's MY wagon". hope this is the right way to do this.
These pics show the rims and my part on improving the air input on the standard filter.
I noted today that one of the things I don't like about the car are the "roof racks".
I love original but these things are a rust magnet and to this end the MY will have to spend some time at the panel beaters. Too many rust bubbles for my liking. I can fix just about anything even metallic paint, I just don't have the time.
Catch up soon.

Return to “Subaru Chat”