How to get door trim off

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Debdeal

How to get door trim off

Post by Debdeal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Help, Can someone tell me how to get the trim off my 93 subaru. Has power windows, I have taken the screw out of the handle area and popped the trim now in stuck. I need to replace door locks and speakers. Thanks.

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:09 pm

There is a screw top of handle,
one under the arm rest,
maybe one behind the door handle. Even if there isn't, you still have to slide the plastic out from there, take your time and see how its held in (they're easy to crack)
Three screws below speaker cover area.

Then, run your hand around the outside of the door trim, gently pulling out the clips.

Door trim should lift up with some effort, lift it a couple of inches and only slightly pull away from the door, because, remember you have to, still disconnect the power windows switch and the courtesy light down the bottom of the trim.

Debdeal

Post by Debdeal » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks i got it all but the power window setup and handle, thought it may be easy to crack. Will have another go in the morning.:)

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Just be really careful taking the trim off, if water has been soaking on the trim backing it will tear rather than pop off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

loz_james

exterior trim?

Post by loz_james » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:41 pm

oi, does anyone know whereabouts i could get a replacement trim for the exterior panel?

the previous owner of my car neglected the old trim which was coming off and now its been weathered and has warped out of shape, therefore no longer sitting flush against the panel

loz_james

exterior door trim

Post by loz_james » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:17 pm

does anyone know where i could find some exterior trim for a gen2 liberty?

the old trim has come away from the panel and with the previous owner's neglect, has warped and no longer sits flush. re-gluing isnt really an option

Return to “Subaru Chat”