lib dust problem

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
dibs

lib dust problem

Post by dibs » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:49 pm

and what better place to ask this ?

orite you lib owners where o where does the dust come from i the back . theres one on each side . big ones looked at it today and its got me . but if im going to the top nex year i want no dust coming in . the spair wheel well is dustless . its entering the interior around the shock towers and where the plastic lining near the seat belt hole and the speaker facia. so cmone fella lib owners/fans help me plug the gap.

its the best .shit it was cheep or so i thought but hey i recon it worth it .

im after a 2 inch lift for it and some after market foof rack .so we can have u roof top tent. got forry rims and if it fits im putting on the bull bar of the lib we bought for our doughter he he i snuck that in after she got the car and cost me 100 bucks.

not much else to do ony go over it full service set up fridge n stuff and awayyyyyyyyy we go .

its a 91 wagon h/l five speed 2.2

by the way its the same running gear as im puttin in the brumby .

ps did i mention the dust lol

please help

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:35 pm

Sorry , no dust gets into my Lib.

Mike.
ImageImage

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:07 pm

I have adjusted the lock striker on the tailgate and used a better rubber and i dont get any dust coming in the rear anymore and the only part i have dust ingress now is the DS rear door at the dog leg but it should be fine now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

chridk

Post by chridk » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Why dont you try washin your clothes before you jump in dibs, that might cut down some dust hehe. Just go crazy with sikaflex .

cheers chridk

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:48 pm

I dont have any problems with dust in my Liberty, I was in 100kms north from Broken Hill for service job last year travelled fine dusty roads but didn't notice any dust inside as it was clean. Thats Gen 2 Liberty wagon. Only place was outside of the door frame (not inside of the seals) and outside of the tailgate door was covered in dust.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:30 am

Just A tip , allways keep windows closed and the fresh air vents open , it presurises the car to prevent vacume at the rear sucking in the dust and fumes.

Mike.
ImageImage

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Suba wrote:Just A tip , allways keep windows closed and the fresh air vents open , it presurises the car to prevent vacume at the rear sucking in the dust and fumes.

Mike.
It really annoyies me when people close the vents (recirculation) whenever i go in the car - car stinks and it keeps rotting air in it, i just either ask to open or i just open the window so i can breathe!!!

The exhaust air is in rear bottom stills behind the bumper bar/rear from the wheel arch.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

dibs

Post by dibs » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:16 am

i found it . i put the suction hose from the suck truck in the window and sealed it of got in the car and traced it to those vents at the back behind the bumper.man you shoulda seen the dirt in the guard there was a ball the size of a tenis ball in the right one.

after cleaning it out a bit i put the fan on and fresh air and della could see dust coming from behind the bumper.

so now if im rite use the fresh air and fan on dirt roads.my operator dosent like air con he used to drive with all the windows down (now i wonder were the dust will get into the brumby hes taking home

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Subaru Chat”