Are spot lights suppose to be submersable?

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
SuBaRiNo

Are spot lights suppose to be submersable?

Post by SuBaRiNo » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:26 pm

After my weekends festivities/swimming. My spot lights seam to have filled up to about half full of water.

Are these meant to be totally sealed?? These things were actually under water i belive so im not surprised they have leaked.... just wondering if this is a good sign that they are crappy spot lights or not.

Dave

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:55 pm

Any decent spotlight should be totally sealed. I've seen your spotties and I'm not surprised...
Buy Hella next time.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:42 pm

I can't affrod Hella spotties... and with the amount i actually use my spot lights there is no real point spending double the amount of money.

Dave

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:29 am

Dave the answer is YEP. Hence after you trip :P i am no linger getting you fish bowls :lol: lol sorry buddy. In the $wd monthly they reckon the BEST bang for you buck in the cheep side of things = The Night Stalker 170. I also agree with Tim though (dam we are doing this alot... whats going on :P ), those 1's i distroyed when i first got were Hella's and they went under heaps and i had no issues (they were sealed).

Kev

Post by Kev » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:00 pm

I just had a look at the set of Hella spotties I got off that wreck in Moora. The rubber grommet that the wire comes out of would be suseptable to water ingress. I don't think that they are designed to be submerged for long.
That is really not an issue for most of us because our Subaru's are also not designed to be submerged for long.
:lol:
Sorry 'bout that Dave. :oops:

Return to “Subaru Chat”