New member loooking at getting an Outback 2010

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
vvsingh

New member loooking at getting an Outback 2010

Post by vvsingh » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Hey there,
I am a wanna be Subaru owner. Hope to have one sooooon.

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Are you going to get the diesel? I don't know any one that has one yet and am interested to see what the reports are.

wrxer

Post by wrxer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 pm

mmm turbo diesel. one powerball

Diesel OB

Post by Diesel OB » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:53 am

Just ordered deisel, get it in about 6 weeks ..... hard to get hold of (at least it will be a 2010 not 2009). Love everything about it during test drives....we drove nearly everything in its class and there was no contest. Will let you know how it all goes when I take delivery.

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 am

Guys,
I have a 2009MY Boxer Diesel Outback. I hope these comments help you.
Its now done 30K Miles (50ish Kms???)
Fantastic engine. The new model will benefit from being 6 spd (mine = 5spd). Driving very mixed and VERY hard its giving 40mpg. I live in the Northern Pennine hills so lots of uphill and down dale stuff!!
You will need at least 5-6k miles to loosen up the turbine smoooooth engine. Keep an eye on the oil early days though!
They then will rev freely and almost petrol like, just watch the rev counter hit the red line!! I constantly embarrass Audis Beemers and the like with the acceleration throughout the speed range of this amazing car. It maybe doesn't have quite the same low down diesel grunty torque that some others do but its still pretty good.
Off road its as you would expect it grips it goes it doesn't rattle.
On Snow (which we have a lot of at the moment here) I truly am amazed. I cannot hard as I try get it stuck... really I have tried and I cant! I guess the 3 foot drift would have stopped it though but the ace ABS system stopped me from hitting into it!
Load wise when full up the performance isnt really hit too hard maybe 3-4 mpg down and a touch slower away from the lights.
This car is gem and one which I truly enjoy driving. Mine is the Navigation version, so satnav a large sunroof and superb leather seats make for the best car I have owned...
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Cheers
Giles.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:26 am

vvsingh wrote:Hey there,
I am a wanna be Subaru owner. Hope to have one sooooon.
Like Nike says.. Just do it !! once you own a Subaru you'll never look back :)
Deisel OB wrote:Just ordered deisel, get it in about 6 weeks ..... hard to get hold of (at least it will be a 2010 not 2009). Love everything about it during test drives....we drove nearly everything in its class and there was no contest. Will let you know how it all goes when I take delivery.
I but you can't wait :) I'd love one if they made it with 8 seats.
1111giles wrote:Off road its as you would expect it grips it goes it doesn't rattle.
On Snow (which we have a lot of at the moment here) I truly am amazed. I cannot hard as I try get it stuck... really I have tried and I cant! I guess the 3 foot drift would have stopped it though but the ace ABS system stopped me from hitting into it!

Giles.
SOLD !! Love one and all I need now is for you to send me some of that snow... it's been too hot over here this year :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:36 am

1111giles wrote:Guys,
I have a 2009MY Boxer Diesel Outback. I hope these comments help you.
Its now done 30K Miles (50ish Kms???)
Fantastic engine. The new model will benefit from being 6 spd (mine = 5spd). Driving very mixed and VERY hard its giving 40mpg. I live in the Northern Pennine hills so lots of uphill and down dale stuff!!
You will need at least 5-6k miles to loosen up the turbine smoooooth engine. Keep an eye on the oil early days though!
They then will rev freely and almost petrol like, just watch the rev counter hit the red line!! I constantly embarrass Audis Beemers and the like with the acceleration throughout the speed range of this amazing car. It maybe doesn't have quite the same low down diesel grunty torque that some others do but its still pretty good.
Off road its as you would expect it grips it goes it doesn't rattle.
Load wise when full up the performance isnt really hit too hard maybe 3-4 mpg down and a touch slower away from the lights.
This car is gem and one which I truly enjoy driving. Mine is the Navigation version, so satnav a large sunroof and superb leather seats make for the best car I have owned...
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
Cheers
Giles.
Awesome.. this is on my shopping list ;)
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:54 am

I am trying like mad to work out how to export the stuff!!! and at the same time import some sunshine!!!!

Ps.Just done 230miles today in cold temperatures (0 - 2 deg) the on board computer tells me 45 mpg - mostly motorway stuff @ 65 - 85 mph crusing.
Just glad its got heated seats ! pretty cold early this morning at 6am!

SOLD !! Love one and all I need now is for you to send me some of that snow... it's been too hot over here this year :)[/QUOTE]

JG12gauge

Post by JG12gauge » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 am

My signatures a great way describe a suby
Subaru.... Not the prettiest at all but nothing else out there holds 8 people, 4wds like a truck and gets twice the gas mileage as a truck.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:41 pm

1111giles wrote:I am trying like mad to work out how to export the stuff!!! and at the same time import some sunshine!!!!

Ps.Just done 230miles today in cold temperatures (0 - 2 deg) the on board computer tells me 45 mpg - mostly motorway stuff @ 65 - 85 mph crusing.
Just glad its got heated seats ! pretty cold early this morning at 6am!
Give it a few months and we'll see what we can do ;)

In the meantime, you might need some of these
http://www.break.com/index/sweet-subaru ... racks.html
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Subaru Chat”