Cat for Brumby

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
smiles

Cat for Brumby

Post by smiles » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:12 am

G'day, I need to replace the catalytic converter in my Brumby. I thought I read a post years ago where someone recommended one off a commodore or something. I have the Y-pipes of a pre '85 car so I just need something that will fit and be unrestrictive further back, preferably not costing much.

Any recommendations?

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:31 am

i've got one here off a brumby that i did a ej conversion. $15 if you want it. only thing you need to pick it up tomorrow as i leave in the night for Mauritius.
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

smiles

Post by smiles » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 am

Thanks Guyph,

Actually I'm overseas myself at the moment- Hong Kong. Wouldn't mind checking out your EJ conversion sometime though. Have a good trip!

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:46 am

I'll be back by the end of FEB. When i get back i'll start on a thrid conversion. Yeah no problem. just give me a pm.
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

masterjohnson

Post by masterjohnson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:02 pm

smiles wrote:G'day, I need to replace the catalytic converter in my Brumby. I thought I read a post years ago where someone recommended one off a commodore or something. I have the Y-pipes of a pre '85 car so I just need something that will fit and be unrestrictive further back, preferably not costing much.

Any recommendations?
guyph_01 wrote:i've got one here off a brumby that i did a ej conversion. $15 if you want it. only thing you need to pick it up tomorrow as i leave in the night for Mauritius.
What the!? can't find any cat converter cheaper than your offer to him. lol. i wish i could find one on ebay or amazon i am getting sleepy already. ive found one in racepages but it's a high flow catalytic converter. what's the difference? sorry im a noob.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:03 pm

smiles wrote:G'day, I need to replace the catalytic converter in my Brumby.
An EJ Y pipe setup will work well for you - after the EJ conversion :twisted:

;) ;)

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:42 pm

masterjohnson wrote:What the!? can't find any cat converter cheaper than your offer to him. lol. i wish i could find one on ebay or amazon i am getting sleepy already. ive found one in racepages but it's a high flow catalytic converter. what's the difference? sorry im a noob.
The one Guyph is offering is a secondhand one so you'll never find a new one at that price.

High Flow Cats are designed for turbo model cars so not really need on a N/A engine. They reduce the amount of back pressure and allow the exhaust gasses to escape quicker. But remember back pressure is a good thing on N/A engines or you'll end up burning out valves.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Subaru Chat”