Powering up the Tribeca ?!?!?

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Sammo

Powering up the Tribeca ?!?!?

Post by Sammo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Hey guys.

Great forum you have here, very informative to say the least.

I would like to 'improve' the performance of the missus' 2009 Tribeca, but can't seem to find any info on it. I have spent hours googling, but no luck.

When I installed the K&N panel air filter, I noticed how restrictive the air intake is. Not sure how the air even gets into the intake, as it seems to be closed off by the bonnet.

I would LOVE to put a Cold Air Intake onto it, but again, there appears to be no info on it.

Anyone able to help me out...:confused:

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:33 pm

All Subaru's have cold air intakes. There isnt much you can do to make it any better, there is a recess in the underside of the bonnet to let the air into the funnel.

I wouldnt touch the intake as it contains a Helmholtz resonator to protect the AFM from resonate frequencies and producing false readings.

You could probably get some 6-2-1 exhaust headers and a larger exhaust made up for it (its been done before with a 3.0 Liberty) and with a tune can produce close to 200kw

Remember that this is a large luxury car, its very heavy and takes a lot of torque to get it moving.

Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

Return to “Subaru Chat”