I'm Back! - Question for you..

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
carlie400

I'm Back! - Question for you..

Post by carlie400 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi All,

For those of you that know me. I apologize for not being around in agggges.. I had a near fatal accident (don't worry, I wasn't in suby roo, he's still fine) I was in my VS SS Series 3 Limited edition Holden Ute! Which is now written off. S**t happens I guess. Suby is still goin strong! (As strong as a 1.6 can anyway!)
My motor rebuild has gone off without any hitches too, should be all run in by now! I will be looking into those carby upgrades I often see on ebay soon. If anyone has any hints or tips on those that would be greatly appreciated. Besides that my actual question is... Has anyone else got the Brumby I have??? It's a 78 with round headlights and I love him but I never see any others around and everyone always looks at me funny (amazed, confused, amused???) anyway.. I never see any others. If anyone else has the round headlight brumby I would be happy to know. Even the Subaru man I use for all of my mechanic work sais he has people stopping and coming into the shop just to look at my suby roo! Anyway! Hope you are all well and didn't miss me too much! I am getting there eventually!
Take care! ~ Carlie (HEZMYN) He's my ute!! Suby roo!!!!
P.s. Thanks to everyone that came up and commented and said hi to me after seeing the suby at the last ute muster! He MAY get up there again this year.
Not Fugly!![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

78sti

Post by 78sti » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:07 pm

I have!

I only know of 1 other in brisbane on the road. Last time I past one was about 3 years ago. But I am sure there are others.

I know what you mean when people look at you funny, I tkink that a lot of people think it is a datto ute and have to look twice when they see the subaru sticker!

Cheers

Troy

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:50 pm

good to hear youre okay :)

rare as rocking horse shit. Ive only ever seen one in real life.
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

olddog642

Post by olddog642 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Glad to hear that you are okay or should I say well on the way to recovery.
I haven't seen a round headlight model for years but I did see these pics of a dual round headlight Brat for sale in the States about 4 months ago.
Bugger I forget exactly what location

Hylton:twisted:
Attachments
!BvtsLvQCWk~$(KGrHqQOKm4EvyFnjVPqBMFqqtvku!~~_3.jpg
!BvtsLvQCWk~$(KGrHqQOKm4EvyFnjVPqBMFqqtvku!~~_3.jpg (74.84 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
!BvtsHLQEGk~$(KGrHqEOKkMEwOQOhDOwBMFqqZi!VQ~~_3.jpg
!BvtsHLQEGk~$(KGrHqEOKkMEwOQOhDOwBMFqqZi!VQ~~_3.jpg (89.39 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
!Bvts!FQ!2k~$(KGrHqQOKkQEwRQPOKyhBMFqp5jNGg~~_3.jpg
!Bvts!FQ!2k~$(KGrHqQOKkQEwRQPOKyhBMFqp5jNGg~~_3.jpg (92.34 KiB) Viewed 2532 times

tex

Post by tex » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Sounds like the subie gods were looking after you and repaying your love, Theres two 78/79 brumbies in and around canberra that I know of, No where near as good a nick as yours though one i'm not even sure if it runs! Hopefullly I'll run into you at Deni again this year I'll have my new addition down there!
87 targa brumby (Neglected),
92 targa brumby (weekend runabout),
97 Lifted Outback (Dailey drive),
05 outback safety (Too cheap to pass up),
90 model liberty (was to be scrapped instead sold to workmate)
+ others.

yellowsubie

Post by yellowsubie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:56 pm

thats what you get for driveing a holden , hope your alright mate :)

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Shit mate, that's no good! Glad to hear your ok. I was wondering where you got to! Same goes for L-raiser, haven't seen her on here for ages - a pic has recently surfaced of her L offroading with the crew which is a good thing.

I sent you a text a few months ago around the time that Owen rolled his lib :cry: - there's one in Trentham on the roadside, red, with sunnies, canopy, rear wheel carrier and possibly a front bar but I can't remember that one. I doesn't look like it had been used for ages and I didn't stop to ask about it incase it scared them off and they moved it... Not sure about the body condition but at 40km/h it all looked straight at least - but I could be VERY wrong there!

There's also a subi wagon of the same vintage in Romsey behind the supermarket, I've also seen a ute like yours under a tree in a paddock near Turpin's Falls :D Yeah, I get around a bit and like to take in the surrounding areas!
tex wrote:Sounds like the subie gods were looking after you and repaying your love, Theres two 78/79 brumbies in and around canberra that I know of, No where near as good a nick as yours though one i'm not even sure if it runs! Hopefullly I'll run into you at Deni again this year I'll have my new addition down there!
I didn't realise you were at Deni last year mate! I caught up with Carlie, somehow found her ute in the dark! Crazy. Hope you find your flags too Carlie!
I'm a no-show for this year, the snow season will run up till that weekend and my fiance very sneakily booked us in for the Mary Poppin's Musical. Think I'll need a weekend to find my manhood again after that one! Can't believe Cold Chisel is playing this year and we got stuck with powder finger last year :evil:

Anyway, best end this rant here. Glad to hear you're ok mate, hope to see you around here a little more often now!

cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Captain Obvious
General Member

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:34 pm

there is this ute that has had a full resto on it in brisbane, owned by a suba club member.

bryan
[SIGPIC]http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/image.php ... 1468060434[/SIGPIC]

The 4x4: 2004 Nissan Navara d22 ZD30 dual cab.
The Wifes car: 2005 SG9 Facelift forester 2.5l auto XS

maxxair

Post by maxxair » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 pm

glad you're alright, thats not much fun.

love the old brumbies, theres a lime green, lifted one in rocky with a tyre rack... maybe i should inquire to acquire it??? old subes=rad. your ute is very lucky to have someone to love him so much
Cheers, Rohan M.

Gravity.. PAH!! Watch this.:twisted:

http://www.BERSERKARU.com <For All Berserk Subarus<

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:06 pm

There's something sexy yet odd about the lime green pre-brumby ute...

I still like it though.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

jackugly

Post by jackugly » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:00 am

There's one Dalby in great condition. I'll make some inquiries and see if I can get a photo

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey havent heard from you for ages too!!..
I know there is one beige 78/79 Brumby going around on Ballarat road every now again, pretty good nick for its age - apart from that, they're rare - uncommon on the road.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

carlie400

Bacl Again!

Post by carlie400 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Everyone!
Thanks so much for your comments. I thought my little suby roo was a bit of a rarity.. Mine is in good nick but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of my year out there still running! Mine has had full body and engine rebuild.. still needs work though. The heater/cooler dash doesn't really work! I'm sure it's just a matter of connecting some hoses back in their right place! I'll get onto it sometime soon!

Bennie I told you last year at the muster that Tex was there! :) I meet everyone with my little Suby roo!!

What's your new addition Tex??

When is the next off roading trip up my way happnin??!! I will need my leg and arm to fix a bit better before I attempt anything like that though! Preferably traveling with someone that has a winch too! Just in case I get stuck!

Bennie - I didn't get your text either (well I was in hospital with a bleeding brain) So I don't remember getting it! Sorry!

That little lime green suby.. cute! Almost as cute as mine but not quite! Ha! I don't like those bars either... I have been looking into some for mine but not sure if I want to go with it! I should get some decent pic of mine on here huh!? Ill try...

No other news from me for now... Hope all is well with everyone! and thanks again for the replies! Much appreciated!

Cheers!
~Carlie
Not Fugly!![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tex

Post by tex » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:59 pm

I got another late model targa top brumby I havent played with it much yet but doesnt go or handle as well as my the other one! Last time at Deni you were having heater core issues not that you need it that time of year but i'll have a look for you this time if you like!
87 targa brumby (Neglected),
92 targa brumby (weekend runabout),
97 Lifted Outback (Dailey drive),
05 outback safety (Too cheap to pass up),
90 model liberty (was to be scrapped instead sold to workmate)
+ others.

Return to “Subaru Chat”