Lib seats into L series

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
AndrewT

Lib seats into L series

Post by AndrewT » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:35 pm

What is the preferred method....?

a. - Take the L series rails off the L series seats and bolt them to the Lib seats

b. - Modify the existing Lib rails on the seats to bolt into the L series car

c. - something else

Christian I think you have done this conversion before? I forgot to ask you about it when we picked up the EJ22 the other night.

Cheers.

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:19 am

My guess would be c.

I've not done this particular swap myself, however I don't know if you've ever noticed but my wagon has L tourer seats in it (mmm lumbar).

I use the MY rails (as they bolt to the floorpan) and used adaptors to attach them to the seat. Basically the adaptors are two strips of flat bar, 30mm x 6mm, with three holes drilled in them. 1 hole for the inside, then ~16" away (MY rail width) another hole, then about another inch further another hole (for the L seat).

Should be a fairly simple swap, I've looked at putting either Honduuuh CRX or Mitsi FTO seats in my coupe, both look fairly simple. Since the Lib is in the family I can't see it being any major drama.

mattl200

Post by mattl200 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:01 am

if u want seats with lumber support for an my go to the wreckers and find a nice set of mazda 929 seats my rails bolt straight on no mods

Ben

Post by Ben » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:34 am

I was looking to put Gen II lib seats into an L series but ended up deciding it was too much effort, and the engineers certificate also put me off as modded seat rails need one.

If you can find a seat that the rails bolt to on the right spacing then do that, Lib rails are fairly integral to the seat too, so a bit of effort there...

I'd really like a set of good seats for my lib too as even they aren't as good as they could be......

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:13 pm

Sorry about the Hi-Jack but which 929 seats fit the MY's any particular year range or just all of them?

Cheers,
Jordan.

jzk25

Post by jzk25 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:51 pm

My mate has Forester seats in his EJ25 L. They weren't verly difficult to fit, I think he used the L rails and adapted them to the Foz seats. And yes he did it properly, he works for an engineering company.
I can get details if anyone is interested.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:05 am

I'm interested, this was the whole point of my post :D
Any details would be greatly appreciated!

I've got two perfectly good Legacy seats here ready to go into my L and a keen buyer for the L seats

jzk25

Post by jzk25 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:51 pm

I'll do my best but I am nursing my 2 day old son atm so spare time is limited.

kurt84m

Post by kurt84m » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:07 pm

Sorry to hijack post
but jzk25, hows your mates ej25 L go and was the any problems fitting the motor in, still running the standard box

thanks
kurt

jzk25

Post by jzk25 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:56 am

The engine fits in with no issues but radiator space is limited. It has a custom version of a lib radiator with alloy tanks. It uses a Lib dual range with L low range and 3.9 LSD. It F**ken hammers, with scorpion 14's and offroad tyres it is still very quick by any means, yet to try it with 13's.

It was originally EJ22 with single range and was more than capable onthe sand with that setup but he likes to play and he's my mate so I source him bits and bolt his engines, boxes and diffs together in exchange for favours at the engineering works.

For the average guy that doesn't have all these things available to him an EJ22 and lib dual range would be the best value for money for an L series, it's a quantum leap over a carby L and a fair whack over a turbo L as well as being 1 billion times more reliable than any EA82.

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:29 am

Congratulations on the birth of your son Al!!!

As for the L series conversions for engines, I for one can vouch for the quantum leap in everything from a carb EA to an EJ, I went for the 2.0 motor for ease of legality and I put performance on par with a stock EA82 turbo, only it feels like its on boost all the time rather than just over 2k...

Seats is something I am really going to have to look at next, after 300k's in the L last week my neck was killing me... Oh yeah, and a better trans - stock L gearbox with 3.7 diff is a bit of a pain off the mark...

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:13 pm

L series touring wagon seats r fairly comfy :wink:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

jzk25

Post by jzk25 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:02 am

Thanks Mecha, he's beautiful, I'm smitten.

I spoke to my mate and he said it was very simple to change seats. All that's needed is to drill the spot welds through on both seats so both rails are removed and then lay the L rails onto the Lib seats and bolt them together with Hi tensile bolts. This was done with Fozza seats and most of the drilled out holes actually lined up but Lib may have the spots in a different area so drilling thru might be necessary.

Foz seats with the armrest are $350 a pair from Sunspares.

mattl200

Post by mattl200 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:26 pm

barron

dont know actual year but basicly my rails have the same blot holes as all KB lasers and mazda 323s and 929s at a guess ide say 80-89 as a year but check it before you buy anything

forgot 626 and telstar are the same to

Return to “Subaru Chat”