Birth certificate for Subie,s ..Possible ???

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
sholinguteman

Birth certificate for Subie,s ..Possible ???

Post by sholinguteman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:15 am

Besides having an interest in Subaru,s I am also interested in Older Utes. On a couple of these I have obtained factory records of their build dates in the form of a certificate and/or printout. I know Australian vehicles have (or used to have ?) the build date on an attached plate under the bonnet. Here in England the system is different. I think I am right in saying that if a vehicle sits in a dealers for 10 years new and unsold and is then sold and registered it becomes the year it was registered and not the year it was built (can you follow that:confused:). My Brumby is registered as an M reg (1994/95) but I would bet it was made in 93 or earlier ? I have no doubt that in years to come some Subaru,s (not all) will be considered classics and people will be interested in build dates. So without the need to speak Japanese:( is there anywhere that can confirm a build date ( with the help of a chassis number) for my Pickup ?

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:53 am

As far as I have read here, the Brumby/BRAT/MV1800 was not made beyond 1992. Here in Aus there are Brumbys with 1994 compliance plate dates I am led to believe. Not seen under the bonnet of one of these but I reckon to look you might find the build date tag with say "BUILT JAN '92" on its left front guard (wing/fender) bolts.

Here it is not necessarily the year first registered or sold but rather when the compliance plate is attached at maybe the importers premises in Australia

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 am

aystralian cars have it on a small plate under the bonnet

VIN number should have it, theres been a lot of talk about vin numbers and deciphering them on here. I do belive it was frog who knows best. Do a search on VIN and see what happens?

Oh
BTW the photos a mini........
Lols, nice though

FROG
General Member

Post by FROG » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:18 am

can pm me your vin and I will try it

nice mini :-)
ImageImageImageImageImage
GRAB THE VIN FROM DONOR VEHICLES
AUSubaru member specials
Brumby EA81 Oil Pump kit (4 x 'o'rings + gasket) posted Australia wide $22!
Brumby sloppy shifter bush kit $44 posted
email me
http://www.domsmotors.com.au
NOW DISTRIBUTING FOR SUBAXTREME BASH PLATES, NUDGE AND BULLBARS

sholinguteman

Post by sholinguteman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:04 am

Have sent PM with a photo attached , did you get it Ok ? "MO"

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:17 am

The Brumby front cut I imported to the UK had the small plate in the engine bay which states the year of manufacture it also says on it something along the lines of Subaru vehicles of Australia. UK vehicles do not have this or indeed any similar plate.

Subaru UK would import vehicles and draw from stock untill all sold, even after mothership Japan had stopped producing. sobsobsob

Same company ( IM - International Motors ) import Isuzu here, they were still flogging the Mk2 3.1 litre diesel Isuzu Trooper Commercial (Bighorn) - for some2 years after the MK3 had arrived 3.0 litre in car form ! How the hell did their dealers talk around that one ??:rolleyes:

BTW my Mum and Dad picked up their new car on Friday just gone (A very smart Hyundai i20 Edition in Sky metallic blue) They are also sold at my local friendly Subaru dealership (Subbies, Hyundai and Isuzu are all sold here) The Owner Matthew, who I know was chatting to us over a nice hot Coffee - which he made for us - and the subject of my MVBRUMBYBRAT came up, he said and I quote " I wish they still made those MV's as I could sell lots of those even now - worst thing they ever did stopping making those " he then asked if he could loan Scooby for an open day in 2011 and have him on display! Anyone in the UK - here is an excellent dealer R.N.Golden in Huddersfield. They get my vote anytime.:mrgreen:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

T'subaru

Post by T'subaru » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 am

All the Subaru's I have here have date of manufacture on the data plates, and all are 1 year prior to our assigned model years.
Cheers
'86 GL, '89 RX, '89 XT6, '90 T'sunami Wagon

sholinguteman

Post by sholinguteman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:00 am

Just noticed that the seatbelts on my Ute were made in 92 , not much of a pointer I know but its a start "MO"

Return to “Subaru Chat”