Brumby with minor Gremlins.

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
88 STUBARU

Brumby with minor Gremlins.

Post by 88 STUBARU » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Hello all, Newbie here.
A family member got me to this site as he is a Subaru Lifted impreza wagon fanatic and hopefully he will be helping me thru all this crap with my Brumby.
So anyway what a freakin really average start to the year it has been seeing that the right rear axle - cv joint wore thru my fuel tank today !
Yes i know it sounds like im a complete tool for that to happen but i told u that im not very mechanically minded and there was no way that i could have forseen that????
So by the sounds of it i need another tank and i also need to figure out why the bush from the cross member that holds the diff has depleted/disintergrated and dropped etc and why it took out the tank???
maybe shocks also as they are shot.
Any ideas or fixes and advice much appreciated?????

suba1

Post by suba1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:43 pm

hey mate I've got a perfectly good fuel tank if you want to buy it no leaks

88 STUBARU

Tank$$$$$$$$$$

Post by 88 STUBARU » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:48 pm

hey thanks for that we can talk $$$ asap but first thing 2moro i am ripping it out and getn an idea of what the hell happened today????
i have been told by a Subaru nutter family member that i will need a lift kit and new shocks and bushes right round????
maybe worth it but pay week aint till nother 3 weeks????
Sux balls bigtime.

spambo

Post by spambo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:22 pm

on the back of the diff is a long steel bar called a moustache bar, if your car gas ever been jacked up by this bar it can bend causing the exact damage you described, this bar can sometimes be damaged by 4x4ing
i would check this first,
hope this helps you:cool:

spike
General Member

Post by spike » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:23 pm

depends what you want to do with the car?

you dont need a lift kit, i dont have one and my cars fine when im not whinging and bitching about maintence but you get that with every car.

it sounds like your rear driveshaft had a serious malfuction and exploded in a sense, was it reasonably new?

Return to “Subaru Chat”