What did you do to improve your soobie today

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:00 pm

AusTas75 wrote:Bennie it is A EJ25D
How's the outback and the ej25 going for you?

In my news, I did this today:

The odometer, not the speed (for those smart arses out there!).

:D

Cheers

Bennie
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (128.6 KiB) Viewed 9511 times
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Sat May 13, 2017 10:46 am

The 82 MY Touring wagon passed its 35th year of rego no problems.
Even with the original carb just fitted with a new carby kit and totally un-tuned.
Asked if there was anything I should be aware of coming up that may need attention and nothing, all good.
269,407 original ks on the EA81's clock.
Only issue is the green slip for rego is just under $500 and rego $304 I don't know how long I can afford to keep it.
We have had the car for almost 19 years and would like to keep it a lot longer.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat May 13, 2017 11:51 am

Awesome!! 8-)

You could always do a club rego...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Sat May 13, 2017 11:59 am

NachaLuva wrote:Awesome!! 8-)

You could always do a club rego...
Yes, thought about that but I feel that if someone is going to be a member of a club they need to be involved and take part.
I don't see me being able to do this at this point in time (or there lack of - time) so was also wondering about Historic vehicle rego.
Only issue with this is I think you have to have a car which is unmodified from original.
I am guessing a 2" lift kit may breach this requirement and possibly the swapping from auto to manual might also be a problem.
OK for now but wish there was another alternative.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat May 13, 2017 12:06 pm

MY wagons are my 2nd favourite Subaru & there's not many left, so anything you can do to keep it & not let it get wrecked or crushed, is a good thing. Check up on current laws, I know in Vic things have changed a lot recently
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat May 13, 2017 8:49 pm

NachaLuva wrote:Check up on current laws, I know in Vic things have changed a lot recently
How so?

I'm wondering how long it'll be until they tighten up the club rego requirements... Seems like anything and everything over 25 years old is being put on club rego.

As for Subaru stuff - I'm thinking I want to tighten up the rear end on Ruby Scoo and make a new bash plate that'll actually do some protecting...

Cheers

Bennie

Cliff R
General Member

Post by Cliff R » Sat May 13, 2017 10:30 pm

NachaLuva wrote:MY wagons are my 2nd favourite Subaru & there's not many left, so anything you can do to keep it & not let it get wrecked or crushed, is a good thing. Check up on current laws, I know in Vic things have changed a lot recently
Can't even begin to think about wrecking/crushing the car so no danger of this as long as I have a say in things.
82 Touring wagons aren't something I have seen for a very long time.
This got me to thinking, wouldn't it be interesting to be able to find out how many of a certain car are still registered on the roads.
Probably info reserved for the likes of Police etc.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun May 14, 2017 10:38 am

El_Freddo wrote:How so?
They had a talk about it at the last Subaru 4wd Club of Vic meeting, but I kinda tuned out lol. One thing is the car must be unregistered & pass a RWC to go onto club rego. They've also changed the allowable kms travelled
As for Subaru stuff - I'm thinking I want to tighten up the rear end on Ruby Scoo
Sounds like time for the Prado strut mod :mrgreen:
Cliff R wrote: 82 Touring wagons aren't something I have seen for a very long time.
They should be semi collectible but doesn't seem to be any demand for them, a real shame :(
This got me to thinking, wouldn't it be interesting to be able to find out how many of a certain car are still registered on the roads.
Probably info reserved for the likes of Police etc.
I'm sure that's a matter of public record. Agencies like RACV publish stats like this all the time, just a matter of knowing where to look
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 14, 2017 5:40 pm

It's in the ancient rear shafts and lack of roll pins holding them in... Suspension wise I think it's all good ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Subaru Chat”