spray jobs vic

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
handsofakiller

spray jobs vic

Post by handsofakiller » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:15 am

does anyone know a good place for a paint respray at a pretty cheap price? i have been looking at going to Europaint in bayswater but i've heard that they are really dodgy with what they do.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Dunno mate, I doubt many here have paid to have their subi's resprayed. Best would be to get onto the likes of street commodore or some street ford forum/mag and see what they reckon...

Or keep hunting around until you find someone you're happy with. Be warned - AFAIK there's no "pretty cheap" spray jobs that go the distance and still look good ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

alang

Post by alang » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:47 pm

a cheap paint job use to be a coat of enamel paint for $500, rub back the car tape up the trims and paint looks good from a distance

Tozzy

Post by Tozzy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:38 pm

The problem as I see it is you want a good job..........but cheap.

The two don't mix.

Other option is to do it yourself. Finish the spray with a clear coat. Looks OK.

What's the car worth? If you spend 2g's on a paint job, is it going to increase its value 2g's?

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:38 pm

If you do the prepwork yourself, try Swaggy's in Bayswater - their paintwork has been good for me - I've had them do two cars, both metallics and each time colour matching was dead-on and finish was pretty good.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

Return to “Subaru Chat”