found these today

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
yobhgareb

found these today

Post by yobhgareb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:58 am

Hi, found these in a warehouse at an old subaru dealership.
Attachments
079.jpg
079.jpg (100.73 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
078.jpg
078.jpg (111.33 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
077.jpg
077.jpg (118.83 KiB) Viewed 1678 times

yobhgareb

Post by yobhgareb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:01 am

The white one has 34k and the red one has 56k. Pity they are not 4wd, but they will come in handy for parts.

INEEDABEER

Post by INEEDABEER » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:30 am

Nice find.
]Hey I know Jack Schitte!
[/SIZE]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:44 am

Ditto.

You could make 'em 4WD :)
Tearing around in the mountains in my Brumby I once thought a 4WD access subie sedan would be cool - then I ended up with one. As an auto turbo of standard height it did manage to impress some guys out in their 4WD Toyota trucks :)

yobhgareb

Post by yobhgareb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:49 am

steptoe wrote:Ditto.

You could make 'em 4WD :)
Tearing around in the mountains in my Brumby I once thought a 4WD access subie sedan would be cool - then I ended up with one. As an auto turbo of standard height it did manage to impress some guys out in their 4WD Toyota trucks :)
I was thinking that would be cool. I know of a brumby that is laid up and past redemption body wise, would all its running gear be a straight swap?

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:37 am

yobhgareb wrote:I was thinking that would be cool. I know of a brumby that is laid up and past redemption body wise, would all its running gear be a straight swap?
The gearbox will bolt directly to the engine, but you will need to make sure you have the right clutch pressure plate and flywheel. as well you will need a modified drive shaft. the rear end is a little more fun as you need the fuel tank diff hanger and cv shafts from a 4wd L series.

With the condition they are in it would be sad to see them parted out.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

yobhgareb

Post by yobhgareb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:49 am

TOONGA wrote:The gearbox will bolt directly to the engine, but you will need to make sure you have the right clutch pressure plate and flywheel. as well you will need a modified drive shaft. the rear end is a little more fun as you need the fuel tank diff hanger and cv shafts from a 4wd L series.

TOONGA
They are in great condition interior and body wise, only bad bit is that both have rusty front hoods. The garage owner also has a few 1.8 glse models he is willing to sell. I havnt seen them yet, but he says they are low milage tradeins like these two. only thing is they are badly gone body wise as been stood outside for years. Once again, all fwd. I will probably buy the best one for the engine as spares for my wagon.

yobhgareb

Post by yobhgareb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:52 am

TOONGA wrote:The gearbox will bolt directly to the engine, but you will need to make sure you have the right clutch pressure plate and flywheel. as well you will need a modified drive shaft. the rear end is a little more fun as you need the fuel tank diff hanger and cv shafts from a 4wd L series.

TOONGA
the l series 4wd parts would be the killer, aint seen none other than mine.

Return to “Subaru Chat”