Brumby indicator issues

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Backyard_Brumby

Brumby indicator issues

Post by Backyard_Brumby » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Having issues with the brumby indicators. They first cut out completely while driving down the road, after chasing fuses and the likes they suddenly decided to start working again. They worked for a couple of trips then cut out again, it seems to be a intermittent fault. I have checked every corner and re done the wiring for each indicator making sure they all have a good connection. All bulbs are working fine as well. The fuse did blow at one point but at the moment they aren't working and the fuse is perfectly fine.

I purchased a flasher unit from supercheap with the same ratings and it didn't make a difference.

So any ideas? :confused:

Next step I am thinking about ordering a flasher unit that I know is the right part. When I went to remove the flasher unit this morning it was quite hot, nothing else in the car was hot and the ignition hadn't been turned on at all.

So once again I call on the brains trust on here, what would you look at next?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]James :D

Bantum
General Member

Turn Return ...

Post by Bantum » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Might be worth checking this out ...

Turn Indicator Fix

Cheers, Bantum ...

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:30 am

James, you could help us if you tel us which Brumby as I see MY avatar pic, UG in your sig.

I'd say not seen incorrect rated flasher doo dad yet for these old simpletons. Id be blaming the switch itself, pull steering wheel off to inspect, check its riveted wires if any, check the harness plug for good measure. My flasher can got a drowning with windscreen water leak so now secure can so plug pins face down.

If you have a tow connection check the plug for mud, check the wiring for body rub ....

Backyard_Brumby

Post by Backyard_Brumby » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, turned out to be the flasher unit. The one I purchased from supercheap although it fit the plug did not work. After taking the flasher unit apart I noticed a connection was loose so re soldered it and running perfectly now :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]James :D

Return to “Subaru Chat”