Changing things up!

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...

Which one? Put a poll here... because why not. ;)

Skoda Yeti?!
16%
Skoda Yeti?!
16%
Skoda Yeti?!
58%
Skoda Yeti?!
11%

Total votes: 19

Changing things up!

Post by 60766244 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Looking at changing up what I'm driving day to day. Something newer and with a better range between fuelups since I am doing a lot of 3+ hour driving trips these days.

Not yet a sales advert, but I guess a notice to sell?

So I am considering selling my Brumby at some point over the next few months. (If you're interested then you can see my thread about Maple, links are in my signature) :)

She's a great ute - fast, efficient, and I've done a lot of work to improve and encourage her to live on longer!

I've a deal setup with RSR to get my brakes done at some point so soon she'll have a set of Vortex brakes on board.

Eventually I will have a chrome strip on her rear end too before I sell up.

Probs looking at ~$6k for her since she's had a lot of improvements spent on her and is lifted, EJ22 w/awd LSD 5 Speed, sound system, elec windows etc. No body rust, new Raptorliner tray job, custom roof-rack, full spare set of wheels with new tyres, a whole new paint tin of spare paint, misc. spare bits for further restoration etc. All will be included in the sale. Total about $8-9k worth of stuff! I really don't have time to keep up the restore so I want to pass it all on so someone can keep up the good work. :cool:

If anyone's interested then PM me and I'll give you notice when I plan to sell up. :D

Also:

What I am looking to change into might be a 2004 or newer Forester again, or Outback or maybe even an XV if I can scrimp up enough. I'm also looking inter-brand at have an eye on the Skoda Yeti's too?!?! Pref petrol but might go diesel, wanting a nice auto and something with a +800km range If anyone has any information on owning any of the above mentioned then I would most appreciate.
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

bitman

Post by bitman » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 pm

if looking for good mpg then a modern common rail diesel is the way to go
2003 Forester 2.5 XS Auto

jims

Post by jims » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Cant believe you might sell her Jay? Thought she was the love of your life!

Post by 60766244 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:54 am

She's a beautiful ute, but the way life is headed for me I won't be able to have a shed full of toys to keep her going or time to do so. All the while I'm doing some large trips weekly and daily!
She won't get sold unless I like who she's going to. :p

My main issue against diesel is the noise it makes. (petty?! Haha) If I find a quiet one, then sure, but after listening to the moan rattle and thunder of diesels all day at work it's nice to have something else. ;)

P.S. Welcome to the Forum Bitman!
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

T.Farm.Brumby

Post by T.Farm.Brumby » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Damn you for living in WA!

PS. Can't go wrong with a Forester. Our '05 model has been better than any car our family's ever owned.
All The Rigs:

'86 RX Turbo "Thor"
'89 Brumby "Emma"
'89 Brumby "Brumbylicious"
'03 Outback "Uma"
'05 Forester
'14 Forester Luxury (My goodness is it schmick!)

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm

The blue STI in the background would be my second choice after a Forrester.. ;)

Davidov

Post by Davidov » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:06 pm

I chose xv, with the CVT auto is is amazingly smooth, alright grunt for a 2.0 but the economy is very good, far better than any other subi. You wont get near 800kms from an sg foz or outback equivalent, however the xv might get you close.
MY03 Outback JDM Turbo Conversion
Taza: "Is this phone quad cam?"

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:10 pm

You're putting up a poll for me to answer in - when I have no experience in those vehicles for ride/noise/economy etc.

Keep the Brumby :cool:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Bantum
General Member

A Keeper ...

Post by Bantum » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:52 pm

I'd keep the Brumby too ... !

P.S. - I put in a vote for the XV - then you could maybe convert it to a Ute later ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

Post by 60766244 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:17 pm

T.Farm.Brumby wrote:Damn you for living in WA!

PS. Can't go wrong with a Forester. Our '05 model has been better than any car our family's ever owned.
Come fly over and get it buddy. ;) There's always cheap flights on budget airlines...

I'm most specifically looking at the '05 Foresters and the '05 Outbacks... They look like good value right now for the dollars, plus, they're my favourite body shape.
Bumpty wrote:The blue STI in the background would be my second choice after a Forrester.. ;)
Hehe not mine, but very pretty to look at.
Davidov wrote:I chose xv, with the CVT auto is is amazingly smooth, alright grunt for a 2.0 but the economy is very good, far better than any other subi. You wont get near 800kms from an sg foz or outback equivalent, however the xv might get you close.
I am also considering these. Not sure if big enough, but very, very nice. Thanks a load for the input.
El_Freddo wrote:You're putting up a poll for me to answer in - when I have no experience in those vehicles for ride/noise/economy etc.
Keep the Brumby :cool:
Cheers
Bennie
I don't wanna sell it, but I don't want it to spend months sitting around at a time either...
Bantum wrote:I'd keep the Brumby too ... !

P.S. - I put in a vote for the XV - then you could maybe convert it to a Ute later ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...
I thought you might be leaning that way... ;) You going to convert it for me if I get one? :p

thunder039

Post by thunder039 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:23 pm

I love our 04 xs forester auto. sooo smooth, but get the turbo as the NA with auto is pretty gutless. I would go the the outback gen4 and get the H6 or the 05 SG forester turbo.
i'm not a fan of european diesels so i wouldn't touch the skoda as what you will save in fuel you will spend on repair bills plus more! BUT if you need the diesel range and economy maybe the diesel suzuki grand vitara? well built cars and great 4wds
2004 subaru forester -gone
1999 subaru forester- no more :(
1989 subaru brumby- sold!
2008 zook jimny -sold!
2003 mitsubishi pajero - missus car
2013 nissan d22- set up for long distant touring

Willie

Post by Willie » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:47 pm

We've had 5 subi's now and the forester is by far the best. I must admit the Skoda Yeti has sparked my interest, too. A tdi Yeti would be a good car, IMO.
Willie.
Canberra

MY06 Forester XT Luxury
MY05 Pajero Exceed DiD
1975 VW L Bug (1303)

Bantum
General Member

More Utes ...

Post by Bantum » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:06 pm

60766244 wrote: ... I thought you might be leaning that way... ;) You going to convert it for me if I get one ? :p
Nah - I'll leave that up to the experts ... :p

But I might have a go at this ... Introducing the WRX-UTE 2013

Cheers, Bantum ...

Return to “Subaru Chat”