You won't believe what they did to this Brumby...

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...

You won't believe what they did to this Brumby...

Post by 60766244 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:01 am

:!: :!: :!: Warning: Graphic Subaru Destruction Below :!: :!: :!:

So a little background: I'm in the UK right now - around the Dorset area.

Here they have what they call *basher marathon races* where they get old, dying, rusted, unlicenceable cars and then hammer them up crazy terrain, and race them through until they die. So, you've gotta drive well enough to keep it alive, but fast enough to win the race...

This Brumby was picked up for about 100 Quid or so and then annihilated...
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Post by 60766244 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:05 am

Before you see the photos: You should know it actually still runs, and kept going until the bodywork caught too badly and it couldn't pull itself free.
Scroll Down ... Hah

:rolleyes:

Apparently it was later freed from being bogged and driven some more. Hah :twisted:
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:57 am

ouch, but where was the fuel tank ?

Post by 60766244 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:49 am

steptoe wrote:ouch, but where was the fuel tank ?
From what I know they had a pump + tank system that fits in the passenger side footwell that they move from car to car. Something not far from a boat style setup. They do a little work on them before taking the vehicles through hell.

I'll try chase up some more photos of the *bangers* tomorrow. It's damn late here. :rolleyes:

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:13 am

Lucky Giles did not know you were heading his way - you'd be hauling Subaruanalia across the globe :p

Bantum
General Member

Post by Bantum » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 pm

What did they do to get it to that stage ?

I'd bet it was full of rust too !

Bantum ...

Post by 60766244 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Bantum wrote:What did they do to get it to that stage ?

I'd bet it was full of rust too !

Bantum ...
The guy driving it said it simply started to come apart - but it kept going, so he drove it until it got stuck. I think these races have a little friendly nudging. :cool:
steptoe wrote:Lucky Giles did not know you were heading his way - you'd be hauling Subaruanalia across the globe :p
I've already filled my whole suitcase full of tools to take back! ;) All woodworking ones. Drawer-knives, spokeshaves, etc. Even if I have to wear all my clothes at once on the plane, I'll get this stuff back with me. :twisted:

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh wow, that little ute has surely seen better days :o Before anyone gets upset, just remember this is England we're talking about; a car that old is usually more rust than car.

And if you're really struggling to fit more tools in your suitcase, have you considered packing all your clothes in a big satchel pack and posting it home through the mail? :p Don't laugh, been done before.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

1111giles

Post by 1111giles » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:36 pm

steptoe wrote:Lucky Giles did not know you were heading his way - you'd be hauling Subaruanalia across the globe :p
Damn right i'd have been asking !
Desperatley waiting for a Brumby fuel filler pipe to arrive on these shores from the land of OZ ! - as silverbullet rightly points out that rust is the car killer here for older cars, my fuel filler pipe has rotted through due to the shield plate harbouring mud and dampness over the years.

http://www.mvbrumbybrat.co.uk will be seeking out the individual responsible for this wrecking of this poor little innocent brumby, and will be giving him some ' re-education ' for his crime:p

If your reading this - Mr filler pipe sir - please pretty please send said pipe my way....please;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheers
Giles.
*Scooby MV / Brumby - Current project & pet truck Weber Carby'd Ea81.Air/Con.4WDiscs.Speedliner tub. Foz seats. Digital Sound. Floodlit interior light. Cobra Security. Gear Shifter Lock + loadsa new parts.
SVX - Silky Sexy & Smooth - just like me ;)
GLF (MY series) Hatchy - "Project 2012"
*Fozzie 2.0 Forester Sport - Wifey's daily driver
*Ozzie Outback Diesel SE nav Spec 2012 MY 6 speeder - My daily driver
* 'Half Cut' Oz Brumby its now totally in bits !:mrgreen

sholinguteman

Post by sholinguteman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 am

Shame on you ! 60766244 :roll: Rest in Pieces little MV :lol: "MO"

Post by 60766244 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:48 am

Don't shoot the messenger! ;)

Oddly enough I have one of those sitting in my Garage...

Being scrapped from a dead Brumby I grabbed...

Sorry buddy! :o

Return to “Subaru Chat”