SA Subaru meet up and cruise

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Silverbullet

SA Subaru meet up and cruise

Post by Silverbullet » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:19 pm

There was a meet up and cruise today, organized on fb all subie owners were invited to meet up and drive up through the Heysen tunnels (freeway) around the hills a bit and back down through the tunnels. There was a pretty huge turn out, mostly WRX STI's, Forrester conversions, brand new cars and Toyota 86's were allowed because they were boxer powered ;) Needless to say I felt completely out of place in my banged up Brumby but hey someone had to represent the older gen subies :)

Being so many cars packed into a carpark all wanting to get onto the main road at once, the group got massively split up right from the start. And because of where I chose to park I was the first one out :roll: Now I know why the guy parked next to me said "No way I don't wanna lead" when I offered to let him out before me. So were were crawling along at 40km/h, trying to let people catch up which they never did. Onto the free way there was maybe 20 cars out of 100, all doing 25km/h trying to let people catch up but again there was nobody! By the time we got to the tunnels there was probably the same 20 cars including me (near the back now) everyone raced off through the tunnels to make some noise and you can probably guess being the oldest car there in no time I was by myself :rolleyes:

I was counting on following someone being such a huge group, well I missed the turn off and that was it for me :eek: By the time I went through the back streets back onto the planned route I couldn't find anyone else. Bit of a wash out to be honest. Well anyway here's a few pics, check out that Forry with the pink wheels :razz:

Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:26 pm

Apart from losing the group :rolleyes: The Brumby did pretty well, considering the problems I've had recently with pinging. I filled it up with 98 yesterday and it has made a huge difference, didn't ping at all up the hills on the freeway but still could only manage 90 on even the slightest incline. New exhaust sounds great as well :)
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

M0rpH

Post by M0rpH » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Bugga!

If i had known about it i probably would have turned up.
Not on failbook so i was completely oblivious.
91 Leone wagon, body and suspension lift. Currently collecting parts for rebuild.
Currently rebuilding EA82.

1983wagon

Post by 1983wagon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:19 pm

That makes two of us M0rph... Spewing :/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Haha well damn I should have posted a link up here to let you know, then maybe I wouldn't have had the oldest car there :rolleyes: They do them regularly I think and he said the next one will be more fun driving, I'll throw up a link when the next one is organized ;)
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

David D

Post by David D » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:35 am

I might be up for that next time if I'm off work. Is it a Subaru Facebook group?

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Not a group as such, here's the event page

https://www.facebook.com/events/1437354 ... l_activity

They're always organized by the same guy, apparently the next one will be more "fun" driving on windy roads this one was more to get as many Subarus as possible through the tunnel at the same time.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Return to “Subaru Chat”