Subaru - Liberty/Outback - Heritage

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
rubisubi

Subaru - Liberty/Outback - Heritage

Post by rubisubi » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Hey Guys,

Well I've knocked the missus up again so it looks like it's time to get a wagon to fit the clan in. I've been looking at Outbacks which i assumed were the wagons whereas the liberty's are the sedan. But yesterday I pulled up alongside a Liberty Heritage Sports which looked quite nice with the standard rims and lower ride height. After having a look on car sales the heritage appears to go for 3-4k more than a outback and that includes the premium model.

Can anybody explain the difference if any? Also, what things should i check for when inspecting. Looking to buy something with no more than 120,000 kays on it.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:23 pm

The Liberty Heritage Sports is a "luxury" model.

What year are you looking at?

as well the liberty comes in sedans and wagons not just the outback, which is another variant of the liberty.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:41 am

Congratulations Paul :)
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:53 pm

rubisubi wrote: Well I've knocked the missus up again
Haha, so well put! Congrats :mrgreen:

As TOONGA said, the Outback is simply a Liberty but with a factory 1" lift. The Lib comes in sedan & wagon, the OB wagon only
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

rubisubi

Post by rubisubi » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Cheers Tigger ;)

So the outback premium is the luxury with the 1 inch lift?

Probably looking at the gen 4 2005 upwards preferably with less than 120,000 kays. The more I look the more i like the heritage, quite a nice front end and i do like the stance of the car with the factory wheels. Was looking at the foresters but the liberties have caught my eye. In saying that there aren't many heritages for sale compared to heaps of outbacks. There are some decent outbacks for 11-14k mark.

ktmtragic

Post by ktmtragic » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:14 am

I like the outback for the ride height and the premium pack has just a few more bells and whistles. Having said that the liberty is just as good in heritage trim.
Just my 2c worth

julian

Think of the children!

Post by julian » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 pm

I have a 2004 outback, but no kids.

If you are thinking a mid 2000s forester it might be worth considering how much room you will have with 2 kids, particularly if they both have rear facing seats.

My sister has a 2004 forester, and 2 kids. At one stage they were both in rear facing seats. When it came to packing for a weekend away with the 2 adults, a 2 year old and a 9 month old the forester was a liability in space terms.

I'm sure some people are happy taking the minimalist approach to time away, or go "glamping" where the closest shops to your cabin is a 12 acre woolworths a 5 minute drive away. But if you put a 50L esky, kids clothes and a fold up cot in the back of her car you are getting pretty full. Forget taking the dog because your passenger has all their luggage in the footwell.

I would definitely advocate for the outback in this case, it has so much more useable space for a family.
Julian

2004 Outback H6
2004 Forester XS

Organ donation saves lives

Return to “Subaru Chat”