Your contributions to the forum

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Tweety
General Member

Your contributions to the forum

Post by Tweety » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Might be sticking my neck out here but member contributions seemed to ahve dropped off a lot this year.

Subaru isnt a rare make, there are hundreds of thousands on the road many of which are on farms and used for 4 wheel driving.

I should imagine Ausubaru is used as a prime reference manual for owners if they want to check up on the many topics they want to learn about. During their own modifications and servicing surely some owners could return to these pages and offer some feedback/input or their own recommendations however minor?

As it is it seems clear that its held together by about 20 dedicated regulars that I for one would be lost without their comments and expertise.

If you get something out of an organisation or web site...please consider adding to the 'library'.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tweety trike- EA81 (full reco 2014) 32/36 weber, SPFI manifold, 9.5:1 CR, VW auto.

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Tweety wrote:I should imagine Ausubaru is used as a prime reference manual for owners if they want to check up on the many topics they want to learn about. During their own modifications and servicing surely some owners could return to these pages and offer some feedback/input or their own recommendations however minor?
Yes and no; Don't get me wrong this website is an absolute gold mine of information (if you know how to find it!) with some great members over the years, but most of it relates to older gen Subies. I've noticed there aren't many current model Subaru owners on here, and newer Gen and current model owners would make up a larger portion of Subaru owners compared to older cars like the MY's and L's.

Recently went to a Subaru cruise and meet up and the oldest car there (apart from mine!) was a 2nd gen Liberty. Didn't take me long to realize I had nothing in common with anyone else there. Was still a great thing to go to and see some of the amazing cars that are out there, maybe what I will own one day :rolleyes:
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Post by 60766244 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Sold my old subi, and the new one needs next to no work... Had a cv boot done? Still lurk here a bit. Reading. Not much to say with not much more than building a house happening, and that's fairly off topic.
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:37 pm

It's easier for a retired bloke to make my claims.. I too have built my own house and even with a builder there are plenty of things to do.

It wasnt meant to make members guilty. Just to raise the flag a little and tell members their contributions are appreciated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tweety trike- EA81 (full reco 2014) 32/36 weber, SPFI manifold, 9.5:1 CR, VW auto.

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Sat May 03, 2014 8:52 am

I jump on every now and then but not as often as I used to.
I think it could be similar to what has happened to the RSLC forums.
That is a model specific forum, so as the cars become older there are obviously going to be less members talking about them. Ausubaru covers generally the older models, so as these become even older and end up in holes or on the scrap heap people look for something newer, and probably look else where (other forums) for more relevant information?

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat May 03, 2014 10:10 am

mmm, can think of one member working on a mod at the moment, asking a lot odf self confessed dum q's, and had to be prodded a bit to reveal just how he got a slightly round peg into a square hole. Would not have hurt if he'd simply noted the component differences and how he went about it

pitrack_1

Post by pitrack_1 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:20 pm

I had noticed what Tweety had said and I'm part of the problem I suppose. I agree with a lot of the other comments since too. Sorry to say, but I also get more interest, information and coverage about my model elsewhere; Ausubaru does seem to be attuned to (say) pre-2000 vehicles for the most part and models tend to have their own model-specific forums (forester, outback, wrx-by-the-dozen). I'm not picking on the forum or trying to get anyone offside, just outlining where things stand from my point of view.
Patrick
Ex- 2010 Forester Diesel

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat May 03, 2014 3:34 pm

Perhaps it is time to make sections for the "new" subarus :)

USMB has sections for each decade or pairs of decades (couldn't find a word for 20 years)

this could be emulated and as well we could ad specific areas within each section for relevant material.

It would make it easier to find info for everyone.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

ktmtragic

Post by ktmtragic » Sat May 03, 2014 7:25 pm

The older models are easier to work on so when people consider doing a mod on a newer model the fuel injection / ECU/wiring becomes daunting I think this is why there are fewer mods.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat May 03, 2014 8:01 pm

ktmtragic wrote:The older models are easier to work on so when people consider doing a mod on a newer model the fuel injection / ECU/wiring becomes daunting I think this is why there are fewer mods.
+1, doing anything to do with EFI or a ECU is certainly daunting! But there's lots of other mods that are being done...lifts, tyres, CBs, snorkels, diffs & gearboxes, sound systems, exhausts, etc
TOONGA wrote:Perhaps it is time to make sections for the "new" subarus :)

USMB has sections for each decade or pairs of decades (couldn't find a word for 20 years)
Bidecade??? lol

This could be a good idea, have a section for each model, ie Forester, Brumby/Brat, MY, L series, Liberty/Legacy/Outback. You could split these into groups, eg SF Foz, SG, SH, SJ, but that might be too complicated...KISS ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Bumpty
General Member

Post by Bumpty » Sun May 04, 2014 8:29 am

+1 to having model specific sections.
Not sure if you'd go as far as having sub - sf, sg, sh etcetera just yet.
Always as those in later if/when there is a demand.

On a personal note, I prefer model specific builds. If I want to look at Ls they are all in the same spot, if I want to grab ideas for my liberty, all the libertys are together rah rah rah

Tweety
General Member

Post by Tweety » Sun May 04, 2014 11:45 am

yeh guys, I get the idea. My message was simply to fire up a few more EA81/2 owners to share their ideas and experience.

Forums with such a vast amount of good usable information should be used just as a library to grab info when you need it and not replace the gratitude with some input of their own.

A busy forum is a good forum

sublime

Post by sublime » Sun May 04, 2014 1:10 pm

TOONGA wrote:Perhaps it is time to make sections for the "new" subarus :)

this could be emulated and as well we could ad specific areas within each section for relevant material.

It would make it easier to find info for everyone.

TOONGA
This would be the best solution to 'grow' AUSubaru. Right now if you were to stumble upon this forum it looks like it mainly caters to older models or those who are keen to go off road (Which is not the case but is how it appears on the surface).

If there were sections for the WRX and BRZ it might generate more traffic, members and perhaps more activity/posts on the forum.
Old Boxer Tricks
1980 Brumby
1978 4WD Station Wagon
1974 DL Sedan
1974 GSR Coupe

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun May 04, 2014 2:56 pm

sublime wrote:This would be the best solution to 'grow' AUSubaru. Right now if you were to stumble upon this forum it looks like it mainly caters to older models or those who are keen to go off road (Which is not the case but is how it appears on the surface).

If there were sections for the WRX and BRZ it might generate more traffic, members and perhaps more activity/posts on the forum.
Thats a very good point!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Return to “Subaru Chat”