[MY] Extending Lower Control Arms

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Green_eyed_liberty

[MY] Extending Lower Control Arms

Post by Green_eyed_liberty » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:40 pm

hey group, im looking at getting my LCAs extended by 20mm to help regain some geometry to the front end.

its a lowered Brumby running the crossword kit, STI pinks (shocks/springs) 09 impreza hubs (bolt in bearing housings)

this car will soon have an EJ20T with a DCCD 5speed, and used for the occasional track day

am i heading in the right direction.. or am i sliding down the wrong path?

cheers Tony

Proton mouse

Post by Proton mouse » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:51 am

Hey Tony, I used L series lower control arms with the ball joint taper modded to fit Liberty hubs/struts.
Also used Fraud Falcoon XD/E/F strut bars, cut and modded to suit. (with LJ Torry bushes at the chassis end.
This conversion will give you some nice negative camber and a better king pin angle but does throw the whole wheel forward about 4-5 cms. You will have to trim the front of the wheel arch to reaccommodate the wheels or, do as I did and weld/redrill the angle of the bolt hole, where the LCA bolts to the engine cross member.
Or as SB was looking at doing at one stage, mod the bush end of the 'L' LCA so it moves the whole angle of the arm back to Brumby LCA position.

Cheers, John

Green_eyed_liberty

Post by Green_eyed_liberty » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:18 pm

i went 12mm. will see if it makes any difference :-)

might look into this L series arms if mine dont work.

and hopefully jumping on SilverBullet's chromemolly radius rods when the time comes :-)

Return to “Subaru Chat”