Tyres 01 Forester

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
FALCONCONVERTTOSUBARU

Tyres 01 Forester

Post by FALCONCONVERTTOSUBARU » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:03 am

So my forester is my daily and my offroader and I am looking to purchase my first ever set of all terrains/mud tyres. only mud tyres available in a size that can legally be fitted to the car are maxxis trepedors in a 205/70R15 which are around 230 bucks (extortionate). next down are both Aggressive All Terrains for which I am torn.

Toyo Open Country AT2 in a 215/70R15 (largest legal size that can be fitted to a 15 inch rim on the car) for 189 a tyre, while the extra size increase would be nice for offroading due to the fact the car is my daily fuel consumption is important to me and I am alittle concerned that the 1 size bigger may hamper my good fuel economy I have going from Yamanto to Sumner daily I am averaging about 700 kms to a tank which is good). but I worry how much these will hurt not to mention the big price jump from the next tyres.

Bridgestone Dueler 697ATs I can get these guys for 135 a tyre they have really great reviews (Graham Cahill from 4WD Action is endorsing them for what it might be worth). They come in my standard size which shouldn't hamper my economy or gear the car up any and they both look fairly aggressive.

after advice if anyone has found themselves in a similar predicament
2001 Subaru Forester Limited Duel Range stock as a rock with 350 000 kms

Return to “Subaru Chat”