Clearwater99

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Outback bloke

Clearwater99

Post by Outback bloke » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:27 pm

Hey Phill, have you stopped shaking or smiling yet?

Fatz
General Member

Post by Fatz » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:05 pm

mmm that makes alot of sense:)

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:27 pm

me thinks he may have picked up his ej20T L
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:56 pm

Indeed this evening quiet yet excited Phil entered the yard, he made a short line for the completed EJ20T powered L wagon. It was about then that Brett decided to show him around it and take him for a test drive. With brisk acceleration Phils smile was distorted back to his lower ear and a small and faint "eeek" was heard (could have been a loose belt but i doubt it) To the back yard and a 360 vista was revealed by all in the vehicle which was then followed by a Solberg esque sideways entry to the small passage between trees and a garden shed, about now the gear lever was entering 3rd and even more speed piled on, as the car quickly came up upon the open gate. Back to 1st and a short 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear demonstation of how to enter freeway traffic from a stand still (even though the car was ot on a freeway. Twas about then that an eerie silence befell on the yard as the exhaust note rumble of the snarling boxxer was not to be heard, still we waited patiently for its return. After a breif while the owner, Phil, driving his repowered steed entered sight and proceeded to the garage. Yes he may have been a big man when he entered the car but a shaken and slightly disturbed figure emerged stumbling in his speach and fighting for stability, a smoke and beer all at the same time to bring his nerves back to some type of normality. A brief summation of the experience blurted out of Phil in random excited passages and after a beer inhaled it was back in and to the servo for some real fuel to unleash the correct amount of horspower in his gelded but sprited ride. As the sun set and he left the servo a redling engine could be heard until it blended into the noise of traffic.

A happy man...........

Yes i think so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

Craigus

Post by Craigus » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:30 pm

LOL. Sounds like my experience when Brett took me for a test burn in the Vortex before I bought it. Can you say "whiplash" ? :PP
ImageImage

_curlie_

Post by _curlie_ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:24 am

mmm all i can say is sounds like another happy subie driver very happy with the effort & the work that the great subaru magician (brett)has created with their car.

ps.... phill quickly learn the power of ur baby mate as then u wont get caught by the blue costumed clowns for hooning at the lights when u put ur foot down and just sit there spinning the tyres
89 L series 14"rims 27x8½" tyres, 2" lift kit,
EJ 22 motor,

Clearwater99

Post by Clearwater99 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Brooooooooooooom Brooooooooooooom !

yes the car is a completely different beast now. The thing that is impresing me the most though is the change in handling. With the constant 4wd now, it just seems to ride so much better around the bendy stuff.

Last night when i picked it up there was no exhaust conected to the rear, so as you can imagine it was VERY loud :)

however I took it to jack behams this morning and got my old system put back on .. (she is nice and quite now). Good for not attracting attention .. and even better for freak'n out other drivers

For an example this afternoon on the way back from jack bedhams i noticed a suzuki behind me with some kind of lettering written on the front window.. after i deciefered it, as it was backwards in my mirror. it read "smile as you go under" i knew he was riding my ass and i also new that this mother is about to be embarased. to cut a long strory short .. he was .. i let him get beside me .. let him rev the ring out of his car .. then .. gave the soob a squirt ..

YES I AM VERY HAPPY.
thanks brett and dave ..
Speiling mistakes .. me never !

subelover

Post by subelover » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:00 pm

wow sounds like a beast mate love to see some pics of her, an ej powered l series ooh i can only dream of that, anyway back to reality, my ea82 mpfi powered touring wagon aarrhh. no ej20 tho! lol... cheers Ben
i have a problem....subaruitus

Clearwater99

Post by Clearwater99 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:16 am

six years later and that motor is still going .. I have tried to kill it many times but the damn thing won't break ..

however the turbo is not kicking in properly any more and well it overheats getting to the shops now as i need a new radiator ..
Speiling mistakes .. me never !

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:32 am

aw , STOP it please, or we'll all want an EJ20G !

Return to “Subaru Chat”