Hi from Hobart

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Jezzyj70

Hi from Hobart

Post by Jezzyj70 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi all, just joined and I look forward to looking around a bit.

I have a bit of a problem. I ran up the ass of a Mazda 3 in my 2019 Levorg 2.0 GTS (long story).
It’s looking a bit sad and insurance won’t pay (as I said long story).

Wondering what my options are....iI guess I need to get it towed to local Subaru dealer and have it looked at...it’s pretty well smashed up at the front.

Why am I telling you all this? , well it’s a forum and I’m a new Subaru owner...a dickhead yes, but I love this car, well I did for the 4 months before I crunched it!

Jez

El_Freddo
Master Member

Re: Hi from Hobart

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:12 am

Welcome to the forum Jez,

Sorry to hear about your crashes Levorg. I bet the insurance company is saying speed was a factor or the eye sight system didn’t do it’s thing properly so they’re not liable for the damage or something to that effect.

I don’t particularly like insurance companies, but we’ve had good interactions and experiences with ours, starts with AA... ;)

As for the damage and repair - Subaru are about to rip you a good one in the arse end. The problem is what damage was done to the front end subframe and mountingpoint - if those have moved you’re in serious trouble. Then throw in a damaged radiator and the possibility of engine damage.

A lot of this will come down to the type of impact and whether or not the damage is just cosmetic. Even then it’ll cost you a pretty penny to get it sorted in panels.

The insrance probably doesn’t want to pay out due to needing to replace the vehicle as that is possibly the cheaper option.

All the best with it. I hope you get it sorted and will be back out on the road carefully enjoying your ride!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Subaru Chat”