Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year for 2020

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:24 pm

Merry Christmas all!

Firstly, I thought I’d drop this in the Subaru chat to hopefully gain a bit more attention that the open slather section - I’ll talk about the forum shortly.

Merry Christmas one and all for the 2019 silly season, Honda owners included :lol:

I hope you have a safe Christmas and that your Subaru or project gets a healthy Christmas present or some decent time spent on it!

New year is not far away, it got me thinking and hoping that we can all make this forum more active in 2020 by sharing our activities and supporting one another (like we used to, just with less flaming that used to happen typically amongst mates). I know my projects have slowed down with work and family, and realise this is the case for many. I appreciate it when others share any updates on their activities - it’s not as easy as doingnit on facebook.

So there it is, I hope we all make the forum great again in 2020 (did Clive say that first...? :roll: someone remind me :p ).

I’ll be making an active effort to PM new members as a welcome to the forum, hopefully they might introduce themselves!

Stay safe!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

TOONGA
Elder Member

Re: Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year for 2020

Post by TOONGA » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:35 pm

To you and your family Bennie.

see you in the new year

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

moonbuggy

Post by moonbuggy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:54 am

A very Merry Christmas to all from me, too. Hope everyone is staying safe and cool, and has a cracker of a new year.

My brumby was spoilt this Christmas, so she’ll be keeping me very busy in 2020 and beyond. The wish list never stops growing.

Thank you to everyone past and present who have made this forum such an incredible source of information, inspiration and at times a good chuckle. And especially big thanks to you, Bennie, for really going out of your way to make new members feel welcome and generally keeping the forum humming.

Cheers
Sarah
A blinking light of indeterminate purpose

Subyroo

Post by Subyroo » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:27 pm

El_Freddo wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:24 pm
Merry Christmas all!

Merry Christmas one and all for the 2019 silly season, Honda owners included :lol:

Stay safe!

Cheers

Bennie
Thanks for the inclusion and the greeting Bennie :lol: :lol: , unless of course there are more members than just me who own a Honda.
May you and your family have a Prosperous New Year and let's hope the world doesn't get more silly than it already is.
Peter

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:37 pm

Happy new year everyone!

Our local fireworks were “cancelled” due to conditions being too windy. But they reckon the midnight fireworks were let off with the earlier fireworks for the kids. There was a distinct pause of one or two minutes in the middle of the early event.

Classic spin from the council though - couldn’t just come clean and have a laugh about it!

Thanks Toonga and Superoo for your well wishes!
moonbuggy wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:54 am
... big thanks to you, Bennie, for really going out of your way to make new members feel welcome and generally keeping the forum humming.
Well Sarah, you PM’d me a question! Now I think you’ve spend a pot load more money on tools etc than you would have if you didn’t message me! So, you’re welcome! :p

I can’t take credit for keeping the forum humming - that goes to AndyT and his crew. I’m just one of the spammer-weeder-outerers ;) Maybe that should be our new official title Toonga! :p

All the best in 2020 and the new decade!

Regards

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Subaru Chat”