Hatch Supercharger progress

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
Subafury

Post by Subafury » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:17 pm

SuBaRiNo wrote:Yeah the thing is insane. I love it. I have no idea what injector/ECU combo im going to look at.

Seams difficult to get a straight answer out of any of the performance places as to a recomended ECU. They will only endorse what they sell and it seams no where sells all the different types.

It's all good for offroading now... where as before it was questionable. As far as it being safe... it's fine until the SC torque steers me into other lanes.

Dave
if they are all similar then like was said on another thread on here go for a tune shop that you feel has good service, location etc and get their recommended ecu from them. then future dealings will be better.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:30 pm

Yeah... there is that and i would also like to use a system which is easy to view and fault find... i don;t want to have to take it into the shop everytime a sensor stuffs about. So i would like something i can get hold of the software for and chuck it on my laptop.

Sorry no pics of the Bypass valves... and even if I did they would kinda be hard to see... they are rather hidden under the intake pipes.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

mattims

Post by mattims » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:48 pm

I'd have to recommend a motec, really expensive but the software is so easy use.

not12listen

Post by not12listen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:06 pm

wow... i'm not a big forced induction guy, but i really want to see photos of this setup. :)

dibs

Post by dibs » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:57 pm

just curious as to what other mods you have done .or was it a turbo moter to start with. if not how did you drop the compression .im thinking of a similiar thing

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:37 pm

dibs wrote:just curious as to what other mods you have done .or was it a turbo moter to start with. if not how did you drop the compression .im thinking of a similiar thing
AFAIK Dave is running a stock EJ22 with the supercharger bolted to the side of it...

An accurate description Dave?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:38 pm

yes... only thing done is a recent rebuild. Depends who u talk to weather or not this is ok or not. Im only running low boost and i have not had any problems yet. There are A LOT of people that claim they know stuff about Superchargers but funny enough they all contradict each other. Trial and error is the best method.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:53 pm

jordan (i ropped him into it) and i are talking about an EJ25 with the holden blower...on the pc its showing real big power levels but we will wait and see...its going to go into the purple lib once i get some $$ to get the motor and blower and ecu
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

dibs

Post by dibs » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:40 am

theres heaps of thoughts on this sorta stuff.wether its suby holden ford or whatever .
my forced induction days are to fare back to remember. fummy thing is inhere someone once said they dont use a blowoff valve . iv seen a backfire on a 6 cyl holden with a stuck bov . the aftermath was bad. and yes it was mine.

what gets me is this electronic stuff. yrs ago i ran a blown injected 6 on the street .that was so easy so to speek . but nowwith ecus electronic injection ignition and the sort im bamboozld .

but i drive what i love and i gotta keep up with the times .

this is a gr8 site with heaps of info .someone always has advice or there opinion . gr8 cars new and old

thanks dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mattl200

Post by mattl200 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:58 pm

diggin up a bit of an old thread
but chubby howd you go with the blown ej25

subarino
how did you go with an ecu
and do you have any better pics of that bracket showing the mounting points on the engine

i need to make something simaler to fit an sc14 to my brumby
- 92 brumby, ej22, MT5AWD, lseries low range, centre diff lock, glf5 dash, 5 stud conversion
lifted 3" front 2" rear all rolling round on 27" khumo Kl71's
more in progress ie:adaptronic ecu and sc14 supercharger

not12listen

Post by not12listen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:23 pm

SuBaRiNo wrote:yes... only thing done is a recent rebuild. Depends who u talk to weather or not this is ok or not. Im only running low boost and i have not had any problems yet. There are A LOT of people that claim they know stuff about Superchargers but funny enough they all contradict each other. Trial and error is the best method.

Dave
dave, i'm curious...

how has the powerband changed? i'm guessing you have more torque in the lower rpms. but, at what rpm range does the supercharger become restrictive?

did you have to change or custom tune the ECU at all?

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:20 pm

i'm still working on that....had to put the finishing of the car due to illness
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

Tradewind

Post by Tradewind » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Supercharging a Subaru is a 2 hr job these days, unpack box and bolt on.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:01 pm

not12listen wrote:how has the powerband changed? i'm guessing you have more torque in the lower rpms. but, at what rpm range does the supercharger become restrictive?
From what I can remember it didn't really become restrictive but did make a serious change in engine performace, I'm sure Dave can still torque steer through lanes on the freeway if he so desires :twisted: Dave really has done a remarkable job on Hatchie to create a very unique subaru off-roader...

When I get my EJ in my L and become bored with it's output this would be the way I'd go too. Advantage is that the charger can be turned on and off like an air-conditioner compressor, I'm sure this is standard on most units, a good feature to have I think.

Cheers

Bennie

dibs

Post by dibs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:00 am

hi trade wind wheres that one from .havent seen a kit for a subi

dibs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:21 am

Probabily best to check out Tradewind's thread on his car - this is the post that you'll be after...

Cheers

Bennie

d_generate
General Member

WRX Offroader taking shape.

Post by d_generate » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:35 am

Opps wrong thread.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

not12listen

Post by not12listen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 am

El_Freddo wrote:From what I can remember it didn't really become restrictive but did make a serious change in engine performace, I'm sure Dave can still torque steer through lanes on the freeway if he so desires :twisted: Dave really has done a remarkable job on Hatchie to create a very unique subaru off-roader...

When I get my EJ in my L and become bored with it's output this would be the way I'd go too. Advantage is that the charger can be turned on and off like an air-conditioner compressor, I'm sure this is standard on most units, a good feature to have I think.

Cheers

Bennie
my boss had a supercharged SUV - the supercharger was on constant. last i recall, the electro-magnetic supercharger setup is not common. i know for the supercharged mr2s (mki body style), they use the electro-magnetic style, though i'm unsure of the newer trd superchargers for the celica, matrix and trucks...

aussie_bob

Post by aussie_bob » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:53 pm

hi
just wondering what that supercharger is off

and if its not personal how much it cost/where you got it?

thanks

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:15 pm

aussie_bob wrote:hi
just wondering what that supercharger is off
Its a toyota SC14 supercharger. As to the exact model(s) it comes from I'm not sure.

You can also do a search for raptor superchargers - off the shelf bolt on DIY kits from memory.

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Subaru Chat”