Subi Nubi

General Subaru Talk - Media / News / Stories ...
RSR 555
Elder Member

Subi Nubi

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:17 am

Hi All... :wink:

Just like to to say thanks for letting me join your group and hope to catch up with the Western Team and the Eastern Group when the time comes around...

I can see a few familiar members names on here :) So we should have some fun on some Trips!! :D

Well... I like collecting Subaru's and I have a Mechanical Workshop, which I fix broken Subaru's... Hey Mike ;)

All's good and hope to meet all you good people soon...
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Lapsed

Post by Lapsed » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:36 am

welcome mate. Hope to meet you on the BBQ. Interested in your sig!! care to elaborate on the specs???

SUBARU OFF-ROAD RECOVERY VEHICLE

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:16 am

hey...want to help me?? i just had a rather unfortunate weekend with my rex :(

welcome to the boards anyway..ytoull find its friendly in here:)

dave
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

Suba
General Member

Post by Suba » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:19 am

RSR 555 wrote:Hi All... :wink:

Just like to to say thanks for letting me join your group and hope to catch up with the Western Team and the Eastern Group when the time comes around...

I can see a few familiar members names on here :) So we should have some fun on some Trips!! :D

Well... I like collecting Subaru's and I have a Mechanical Workshop, which I fix broken Subaru's... Hey Mike ;)

All's good and hope to meet all you good people soon...

Mines not that broken Paul. :)

Mike.
ImageImage

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 am

Love to... but I also work away and still at work till the 22nd... maybe I can help via PM's
D3V1L wrote:hey...want to help me?? i just had a rather unfortunate weekend with my rex :(

welcome to the boards anyway..ytoull find its friendly in here:)

dave
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:28 am

Thought you mighta like that little bit at the end ;)

Suba wrote:Mines not that broken Paul. :)

Mike.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:58 am

welcome mate. im keen to see some of your rides.... be doin any 4wd in your subies? im sure we'll manage to convince you to lift one in time:)

Jay
09 Forester XT Touring Wagon

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:09 pm

yes welcome. so how do you know some of the members on here?

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:49 pm

you cant keep teasing us with all this talk of 22b and SVX....pics pics pics!!

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:54 am

Lapsed wrote:welcome mate. Hope to meet you on the BBQ. Interested in your sig!! care to elaborate on the specs???
Which part... RSR 555? or the Murtaya Pic??

Well... the RSR 555 stands for the racing side of me and also is the name of my business... Rayner's Subaru Repairs ;)

The Pic of the Murtaya is a new venture in the horizon, for my business... Have a look at http://www.murtaya.com and let me know what you think?? I love it !! I have recently signed an agreement with the manufacture in the UK to import these little BEASTS to Oz :) Can't say too much atm cause I'm currently in conversations with a business over East to have the car ready for an Australia Wide Synchronized Release, but have a chat with me on at the BBQ and I'll be happy to answer some questions ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:09 am

vidler wrote:welcome mate. im keen to see some of your rides.... be doin any 4wd in your subies? im sure we'll manage to convince you to lift one in time:)

Jay
I've had some Subies come and go... and would you believe my shock when one day Mike (subi) drove into my workshop with my old Liberty Wagon which I converted with the RS Turbo Eng/Box/Running Gear back when I was workin' for a Importer, way back... I can still feel the pain from my wife after I sold that car :( :( :(

I now have a large range of Subies... last count it was 14 ;) can NEVER have too many Subaru's LoL

One day I'll try and get some pictures of the clan, if I remember... Memory is not as good as it once was :(

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Outback bloke

Post by Outback bloke » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:18 am

Qld based business? Or NSW based? For the eastern release that is.

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:09 am

RSR 555 wrote:Which part... RSR 555? or the Murtaya Pic??

Well... the RSR 555 stands for the racing side of me and also is the name of my business... Rayner's Subaru Repairs ;)

The Pic of the Murtaya is a new venture in the horizon, for my business... Have a look at http://www.murtaya.com and let me know what you think?? I love it !! I have recently signed an agreement with the manufacture in the UK to import these little BEASTS to Oz :) Can't say too much atm cause I'm currently in conversations with a business over East to have the car ready for an Australia Wide Synchronized Release, but have a chat with me on at the BBQ and I'll be happy to answer some questions ;)
we're these featured on beyond tomorrow or something??? i know iv'e looked at them about 3 or 4 months ago thinking man they are cool... i may have seen an ad or something when i was in the UK in june and looked em up... while your importing these Murtaya you wanna have a crack at importing the Ariel's? honda based fun machines, pretty much a road registerable F1 car...

here's the link to a you tube vid and they're website.... INSANE!

http://www.arielatom.com/index.php?opti ... 7&Itemid=7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWoo82zNUA

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:09 am

or at least let me know how to set up an import business:)

vidler
General Member

Post by vidler » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:14 am

Here was me thinking that Murtaya was like an ancient warrior's name or something... just looked it on wikipedia... and its got some good info/history... the name is a combination of the creator's names.... still cool though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murtaya

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:23 am

BYB-01 wrote:Qld based business? Or NSW based? For the eastern release that is.
I wouldn't like to say just yet, but it won't be long... :)
vidler wrote:or at least let me know how to set up an import business:)
No Probs... Catch up with me at the BBQ ;)
vidler wrote:Here was me thinking that Murtaya was like an ancient warrior's name or something... just looked it on wikipedia... and its got some good info/history... the name is a combination of the creator's names.... still cool though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murtaya
My friend is Finnish and when I told her the name, she said that in Finnish it means 'Murderer' Which I thought was pretty cool... I did mention that to Neil Yates... The 'ya' part of the Murtaya name :)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:45 pm

That is a really nice car... And suprisingly light on the wallet... damn.

(It'd be the perfect car to convert to electric - if I was richer. But it'd be alot cheaper than a Tesla... (sadly the missus insists on buying a house if I'm going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars. :( ))

Very tempting...

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:34 am

Thalass wrote:That is a really nice car... And suprisingly light on the wallet... damn.

(It'd be the perfect car to convert to electric - if I was richer. But it'd be alot cheaper than a Tesla... (sadly the missus insists on buying a house if I'm going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars. :( ))

Very tempting...
Never thought of it as a Electric Car but I suppose with the price of petrol atm, it's proberbly not a bad idea... :D

Yes... a house is a much bigger investment... I sold a house to buy my 22B, one of those sacrifices we have to make from time to time ;)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:42 am

Your the guy with the other MY hatch aint ya?

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Thalass

Post by Thalass » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:56 am

RSR 555 wrote:Never thought of it as a Electric Car but I suppose with the price of petrol atm, it's proberbly not a bad idea... :D

Yes... a house is a much bigger investment... I sold a house to buy my 22B, one of those sacrifices we have to make from time to time ;)

haha! Well you have your priorities right!

Yeah, I've had electric cars on the brain lately - ever since I found out they aren't slow pieces of crap (through the Tesla and Killacycle, there's also an electric version of the Aerial Atom too!). One of these days I'll convert a car of my own, but I need a workshop first. And money. And proper tools. hah.

But when I have my mid-life crisis (scheduled for... about 2023) I will definately get one of these Murtaya's!

Return to “Subaru Chat”