New members - Read first post & say G'day

"Read before registering / posting - New Members"
mumbleman

Post by mumbleman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi all
We just got a 1994 gen 1 gx liberty for my sons first car with 170K on it. Just Trying to iron out the small problems you get with a second hand car, So hoping this site will help.
Our mechanic says it looks ok and has given it a service.
Only thing really bugging me is I think the heater core may be be leaking ever so slightly. Can smell it in the car, and the windscreen fogs up easily with heater on. Cant notice it in loss of coolant or wet spot in car or engine bay yet. (havent had it long ).
Is this common or easily repaired. Are heater cores available. (sorry if this is the wrong place for this question).
But apart from that the car is great fun to drive.

Yarran

94 L Series sports wagon

Post by Yarran » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:29 am

Hey guys just joined today, always loved subarus and had my eye on L series look like fun and easy to work on! I'm an electrician by trade but quickly learning auto electictrics and not so quickly learning mechanics!! Ha

I got given and 85 l series wagon and then a few months down the track bought a 94 sports wagon for $150 witch is now registered after a lot of work and swapping simple parts radiator and body work + electric problems

Had a lot of fun playing around with it and am now looking to body lift it it already has king springs and kyb shocks do sitts a little higher. But I want to fit some maxxis muddies and still have some room to move so if anyone in aus knows of a lift kit around PM me I would be appreciative.

BTW love the forum and will be sticking around for good! Cheers guys!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:01 am

mumbleman wrote:Hi all
We just got a 1994 gen 1 gx liberty for my sons first car with 170K on it. Just Trying to iron out the small problems you get with a second hand car, So hoping this site will help.
Our mechanic says it looks ok and has given it a service.
Only thing really bugging me is I think the heater core may be be leaking ever so slightly. Can smell it in the car, and the windscreen fogs up easily with heater on. Cant notice it in loss of coolant or wet spot in car or engine bay yet. (havent had it long ).
Is this common or easily repaired. Are heater cores available. (sorry if this is the wrong place for this question).
But apart from that the car is great fun to drive.
It could just be the smell of the interior! The fogging could be condensation from the AC box being pushed up onto the windscreen. My wife's VT does it from time to time when we use the AC in winter.
Yarran wrote:Hey guys just joined today, always loved subarus and had my eye on L series look like fun and easy to work on! I'm an electrician by trade but quickly learning auto electictrics and not so quickly learning mechanics!! Ha

I got given and 85 l series wagon and then a few months down the track bought a 94 sports wagon for $150 witch is now registered after a lot of work and swapping simple parts radiator and body work + electric problems

Had a lot of fun playing around with it and am now looking to body lift it it already has king springs and kyb shocks do sitts a little higher. But I want to fit some maxxis muddies and still have some room to move so if anyone in aus knows of a lift kit around PM me I would be appreciative.
Love my L series! I'm sure you'll be the same too. If you really want to look into auto electrics and some mechanical stuff, head down the EJ conversion route :twisted: Then watch your L series come alive!

Welcome to the forum to you both ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

mumbleman

Post by mumbleman » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys . I also made a mistake, sons liberty was built july 1994 I think that makes it a series 2??

MuZ

Post by MuZ » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi all, picked up an 89 brumby that was 3 parts rust for a not much more than a handful of change not long ago and have been scouring this forum ever since.

Ive been plugging away at the rust slowly and hopefully it'll pass rego when it's due in 6 months. Honestly one of the best cars I've owned. Stoked with it rusty as it is.

Hope to learn a heap more from this forum in the coming months.

Weeksy

G'day from Brisbane NorWest

Post by Weeksy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:25 am

Hey there, guys and girls.
Just registered on the forum and thought I'd say, "G'day."
Just bought an Outback H6 Gen3 (02) and thought it was about time I joined a forum like this seeing as I've only owned Subies for the past 15 years (the Mrs bought a little pug for herself, but I don't judge her for it - much).
Not very mechanically minded, but figure I can learn a bit from all you guys who know what you're doing...
That's about it.
Cheers.
Weeksy

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:18 am

G'day Weeksy, welcome ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

Marconi212003

Gday all

Post by Marconi212003 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:20 am

Hi everybody, just registered. I've got a 89 Brumby ( unregistered farm ute) & a 98 outback with a blown head gasket :-(
Should be picking up a 96 doner car on Monday then I'll have two green outbacks yay:-):D

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:35 am

Welcome to the forum :D I hope you enjoy your stay!
ImageImageImage

Rock Ape

Post by Rock Ape » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I picked up a brumby a year ago from some guys who knew there stuff, jacked up wagons all over the place. Started reading this forum as the brumby had the sticker on it. Such a wealth of info is very handy!

A lot of work has already gone into my Brumby from the previous owner so im currently deciding on what to do about wheels as I have 14" sunnys but wanted to go a bit bigger to fill those shaved arches! still cant decide bewtween redrilling hubs or superlights!

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:02 am

Welcome to the forum Rock Ape :)
ImageImageImage

subisurfer7

new member Perth Forester 04 XT

Post by subisurfer7 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi

thought I should drop a line to say G'day, just bought a XT 04 foz with a few performance mods by previous owner.

It has 169kw atw and is quite low with wrx or sti springs/sturts.

Much more fun to drive than my old gt forester.

I plan to lift it with HD raised king springs and KYB struts and maybe 1" subtle blocks.

Not sure if the HD whiteline sway bars are going to have to come off for off road work? nothing too hard core just really going down beach tracks and the beach surfing.

The other issue I have notice while sticking my head under is the 3" stainless steel exhuast seems to be lower than the rear diff and pretty much anything else all the way! not sure if this is the same with stock exhaust?

I believe from searching the web that autos are preferred for sand work, I just cant drive autos to will have to cope!

any comments appreciated

cheers

Brett

also going to post on subaruforester.org

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:58 am

Welcome to the forum Brett :) Would be great to see some pics of your new Foz :)
ImageImageImage

Pamam

Post by Pamam » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:44 am

hi all

I have just registered.....my name is Anthony

I have a 2006 Subaru 2.0i Impreza since new

had this car since I bought it and just ticked over the 120,000kms
I treat this car better than my wife :)

I have a couple of issues though that are started to appear, regarding power windows and brake pads.....would love any help or be directed to the proper threads

thanks

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Welcome to the forum Pamam,

What part of Vic you in?

And be sure to start a thread in the "My Cars" section. Then you can go from there with the issues you're experiencing - subscribe and use the appropriate sections of the forum ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Welcome to the forum Anthony :)
ImageImageImage

Pamam

Post by Pamam » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 am

El_Freddo...........I am in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne

sevenfifty16

Hello

Post by sevenfifty16 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:52 pm

G'day
Just ordered a 2015 WRX. Bought time I spoilt myself. Had a Brumby back in the day. Loved it - hoping the WRX will be atleast as much fun.

Paul

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:02 pm

sevenfifty16 wrote:G'day
Just ordered a 2015 WRX. Bought time I spoilt myself. Had a Brumby back in the day. Loved it - hoping the WRX will be atleast as much fun.

Paul
Hi and Welcome Paul (great name by the way)

You'll love the WRX more so than the Brumby but we are talking 2 different kettle of fishes here. Is your WRX sedan or Hatch? and what colour did you pick?

Cheers,
Paul
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “New Members & Introductions”