BBQ05 CARNAGE

vincentvega

BBQ05 CARNAGE

Post by vincentvega » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:01 pm

Some of us probably dont want to be reminded, but for those of you who werent there i though i had better list the carnage (there was plenty) ;)

1. Justin understeered around a sweeping right hander on one of the dirt roads and ended up dropping about 1.5m off the side of the road into the trees. Everyone OK but front LH wheel pushed back into the body. Some good work from camo and a few others had his radius rod mounts snatch strapped back into place, and after cutting away some of his guard jsutin was able to finish the rest of the trip.

2. Grant blew another gearbox.. (poor bugger). Grant and myself deceided to go back and help out with justins car while brett continued on with the main group. About 2 mins after brett left he got the call from grant that he had fu*%#d another gearbox and needed a tow.

3. Brett blew reverse gear. See wes's photos in the other thread, trying to reverse out of that bog bretts dodgy reverse gear let go completely. Leon ended gently pulling him out forwards without too much trouble.

4. Camo did some body damage. Camo made it through the bog hole no problems, but on the way over pushed his bullbar up into the FR guard, and put a rather huge ding in his sill.

5. Last but certainly not least Leon the showman drowned his EJ22 brumby in the dam. After a few high speed runs through the edges of the water, he decided to hit right through the middle, drowning the brumby. The car made it out under its own steam, but was making some nasty noises (probably hydraulic locked)

I think that was about it. All in all another awesome weekend. Big thanks to all involved.

subiwidow

Post by subiwidow » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 pm

Carnage, my nose looks like it did a round with Mike Tyson, and the Bruise on my leg goes from behind my knee to the top of my thigh. I still don't remember a thing. But the pain is reminding me, to behave next time. :cry:

Fang

Post by Fang » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:35 pm

Well you shouldnt leave your Brett around where you might trip over it :lol:

Seriously hope you make a good recovery soon Megan :)

SUBYDAZZ

Post by SUBYDAZZ » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:16 pm

Subiwidow wrote:Carnage, my nose looks like it did a round with Mike Tyson, and the Bruise on my leg goes from behind my knee to the top of my thigh. I still don't remember a thing. But the pain is reminding me, to behave next time. :cry:
That'll learn you for going in a midnight mud run as a passenger in that forester...

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:27 pm

So i take it someone was in trouble again in the morning?

SUBYDAZZ

Post by SUBYDAZZ » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:39 pm

Maybe not who you'd expect. 8O

SubyDreams

Post by SubyDreams » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:10 pm

I'm sure that all that stayed the night can't forget Amanda's work in the Forester.... Can you remember what you did yet?

SUBYDAZZ also broke a sump guard mounting bolt the day before!

I thought the buried Lib and half buried Hilux just made the day complete!

midnight

Post by midnight » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:01 am

With the forester, how was there no mud on the wheels and there were mud splots all over the discs?
That is one good thing about not getting blind drunk the night before...you see things people don't :P

vincentvega

Post by vincentvega » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:10 am

damn i new i forgot one. Hope your nose is feeling OK Megan. That looked painful!

subiwidow

Post by subiwidow » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:02 pm

I had my first day back at work today. I got alot of sympathy from my work mates until I told them the story. Then all I have heard all day is laughter. :oops:
Doesn't feel as bad as it looks.

stamp_licker
General Member

Post by stamp_licker » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:16 pm

i think the mud washed off the wheels running around the edge of the dam and when it power slid in it managed to flick a bit of mud onto my car :wink:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]aka the_postie
Building a hardcore postie:D

SubyDreams

Post by SubyDreams » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:09 pm

Yeah, she went in the mud then went through the water to wash it a bit. Then when she came to a sliding stop back at the camp when Megan hit her nose, mud went all over their tent!

Return to “Queensland”