Condamine Gorge

twilightprotege

Condamine Gorge

Post by twilightprotege » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Has anyone travelling the condamine gorge, aka 14 river crossing road? curious as to your thoughts. looks like a nice drive and the rain today shouldnt effect a trip tomorrow...so long as there isnt heaps of rain tonight...

06 Foz, 2" lift, 225/70/16 tyres

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Last time i drove the gorge it was very shallow,With this rain (storms) it might be up a bit the deepest end is Killanery end.

Saying that the council had put blue rock down in all the crossings and made them a lot easier to cross

If you need any more info give me a ring 0404459610

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

twilightprotege

Post by twilightprotege » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:29 am

cool thanks. i'll take your number along with me incase i've got any q's along the way.

the rain looks like it went away last night. last rain in beauy was about 5pm yesterday, last at warwick was 1030am yesterday

i'll take some pics and vid along the way

twilightprotege

Post by twilightprotege » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:15 am

well we had a long, interesting and fun day.

the drive was great. the scenery was absolutely amazing and well worth the effort. it was really good going when there was a few clouds and mist around - made the whole area look like another place.

the creek crossings were all no problem and easily driven through. my son loved it. we've got some vid, so later today i'll see how they turned out.

the car wasnt the best however. overheated going up the steep mountain before the turn off to the dirt road. at least it wasnt just me, there was a newish landcruiser stopped at the side of the road with the same issues. but from then the lifters ticked on and off for the rest of the day - really annoying! later coming down that hill, the brakes started to smell, even using the engine to brake, so as a precaution we stopped for a few minutes to let them cool down as well.

other than that, a good day. definately recommend it to anyone looking for an easy day in lovely and green countryside that's close to brisbane

Return to “Queensland”