Townsville shout out thread

aussie_guy00000

Townsville shout out thread

Post by aussie_guy00000 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:38 am

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to the forums, but i've noticed quite a few Townsvillians lurking around, it'd be nice to get aquainted with you all. So if you're from our tropical paradise (or surrounding areas) swing by and say g'day. Cheers Craig

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 am

There is about 5 that i know around the area. We are due for another BBQ up our way..... As long as you own a brumby because i don't think i know of any others except to Standard L (1's my little Bros and 1's a mates). Pick a weekend end will all have to catch up...
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

Point

Post by Point » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:53 pm

yep....I'm still lurking around here. btw. Did Brumby Boy ever get any further with his conversion? He's the only one i've met so far, although i did see matt's brumby outside the motorbike shop just up from where i work a few months back.

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:12 pm

Not much further, we pulled out the EA and thats about as far as he got, should start again hopefully.... What bike store Point? You should have came said G'day... We will have to have another BBQ in about a 4-6 Weeks when i am in my new place?
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

Point

Post by Point » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:38 pm

not far then eh? at this rate i might beat him to it...or not. the shop at rising sun...suzuki? i think? i should pay more attention, but i prefer bikes with pedals, not motors...

bbq sounds like a plan. we should organise a drive too...once i have a lift...

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm

I don't mind both types of bikes, ones with peddles and ones without..... My other toy is a tricked out DRZ400.... Even an EJ Brumby would have trouble keeping up on both the black stuff and the dirt.... How about the weekend of the 21st Feb? I am keen for a drive somewhere, I was thinking maybe Ollera Creek and have a Lunch on the beach? What vehicles have you guys got, lifts, etc?
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

Point

Post by Point » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:25 pm

1990 Brumby....unfortunately still stock....:(

but at least i didn't get bogged in my back yard today....

aussie_guy00000

Post by aussie_guy00000 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Guys, my name's Craig, and i've only had my brumby for about 2 months, a mate kindly donated to feed my modification addiction. I should have the engine out of mine tomorrow, and then I can start shoe horning the 96 wrx motor and driveline in. If you haven't seen it yet, i'm posting a build log on it here. A drive to ollera creek is out for me, as you can see the brumby is in a thousand pieces (well the photo's don't show that but it is), and while my other car, a mazda6 MPS, is AWD I don't fancy bush bashing in it :D. Would love to catch up with you all but at some point. by the way, anyone need any brumby parts, cause the entire driveline is about to be scattered all over my garage much to the missus delight :twisted:

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:36 pm

Far call, that's funny you own another brumby.... We will have to have a BBQ somewhere? I am about to move places in early February (say second weekend or something), if everyones wants to wait until after then, i could possible have it at my place if it all goes ahead alright? Aussie_guy00000 i am keen to see the build up / help out where possible.
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:09 pm

Does anyone here know of any good Lawyers/Solicitors in Townsville? Sorry to steal the thread.
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

fingrd

Post by fingrd » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 pm

know idea bout lawters/solicitors never had the need to use one. but in sayin that i can ask a few mates that have

anyway another townsville person here, dont have a brumby but do have a subaru

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Sweet, i will have to organise a BBQ in a couple weekends
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:25 am

Who would be up for a BBQ get together in the Townsville Area? It has been suggested but never come through. I was maybe thinking of having it my place on the 10th May? I just throwing the idea out there?
"Bianca"

"Claudia"

mitasol

Post by mitasol » Sat May 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Another Townsvillean without a Brumby but will have a Forester next week :)

Return to “Queensland”