4WD Show and Shine - Subarus will be there

subalex

4WD Show and Shine - Subarus will be there

Post by subalex » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:29 pm

This Sunday 26th March there is a Show and Shine at Bass Hill, Sydney.

This is an event organised by the NSW 4WD Association and is to showcase what 4WD clubs are all about. Expect to see various clubs showing off their vehicles and even some with camping setups.

You don't have to be a member of any club to come along but I encourage everyone here to turn up with their Subies. I'll be there with my lifted L-series and there should be a few other Subarus and drivers representing the NSW Subaru and Recreational 4WD Club that I've mentioned on these forums recently.

WHERE: Carysfield Park, Bass Hill
WHEN: Sunday 25th March - all day.

Come along and have a bit of a gander, you might like what you see and who you meet.

Alex
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:31 pm

The 4WD and camping show at Rosehill thats on probably has NSW Subaru and Recreational 4WD Club represented...well they were there a few years ago when I was there......i might go this year, its this weekend or next I think?

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:06 pm

Did go today to the show....don't think the subaru club was there....
blimey caravans and trailers everywhere.....gee portable fridges bloody everywhere too...well I hadn't been there for so many years...I guess always been lots of caravans but its surprised me that there can be so many outback trailer manufacturers....
Not so many car manufacturers represented I think, Jeep was there - all autos!! except the Wrangler, Holden- didn't look, subaru - sorry didn't look either :wink:
Anyone else go? what you think? get anything?

subalex

Post by subalex » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:17 pm

Yeah I went too with the whole family and it was a good bit of fun. We're looking seriously at getting a camper trailer and we went back to get a quote. Before leaving I ran around the whole joint for the stamps with my youngest daughter to get the entry in for the camper, tent.. whatever. In my quest around the place I found the same as you.. not much in the way of clubs. Just the basics like the Landbruiser and Patrol clubs. Then there was the 4WD association tent too but I didn't have time to check it out.

Subaru did have a display of new cars there. Looked good. However, no Subie club. Not quite the same without all the other clubs represented. I think it was a conscientious decision of the organisers to restrict them pretty much.

Also got a couple of fold-out head rests called Catch-a-naps that you strap to the head rest of your seat (or even your upper body) and it supports you head when sleeping in the car. Got a few for the kids and wife when we drive through the night. Not a bad little concept. Comfy enough.
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:42 pm

I know I'm not a JEEP man..... :o
lighted mirror behind the sunvisor......does that say enough :twisted: :twisted:
was hanging out for a go on the ARGO..only to find out you had to be a member of something ??? or know the driver :x :x looks like a fun machine.
got a full version oziexplorer, staun tyre deflators and a R&R bead breaker & refitting tool - with memory of using the POS bead breaker I got, I had to get this one. Was thinking of the tirfor like winch too, but after having a look and think about it, reckoned its just too over the top for a subaru...and carrying it on board too....same hi-lift jack, the other thing suggested!.....I think I'll just fix and beef up the k-mart hand winch with some welding :twisted: :twisted:

what camper trailer did you find? suitable for the subaru towing I'm assuming?

subalex

Post by subalex » Mon May 01, 2006 11:17 pm

I've thought a few times about a small hand winch too, like the Tifor. A good idea if on your own I think but, generally, a waste if with others around to give you a push... that's generally the most a light Subie will need.

As for the camper... as you might know already, I've got 5 kids so need the Taj Mahal... so when we add all the features we want and need it added up to enough to need brakes once luggage and so on are in there. With the oversized tyres of my L and the weight of the trailer on the back I can see that the poor thing will struggle pulling that lot on sealed highway hills, even with only the two babies, my wife and I packed for a weekender.

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”