Possibly coming over to Canberra - meet and greet anyone?

LTurbo

Post by LTurbo » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:33 pm

MUDRAT wrote:Booking is in my name [Nathan Epp] for 2pm - I've said there'll be 5 of us (still coming Jono?).
Remember I prob won't be there until after 3pm. Although with this weather there may not be any football at all.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:16 am

Jono is working on it

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:03 am

Hi guys! Writing this from the visitors centre in Cooma - damn I'm a tourist!

Yes Muddy there is jet lag from WA - I flew on Virgin Blue, I think the plane was older than me! Officially noiser than all my cars put together! More squeaks and rattles too 8O.

See you all this afternoon, should have plenty to talk about. I'll post a full trip report and pictures on my return to the western shores.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:19 pm

So whats the final plans for tomorrow morning?

I won't get a chance to get back to my computer till later tonight so I'll contribute my idea now....

All meet at the Robo wreckers (my joint) then head over to the pie shop for lunch, thats about as far as I got, can do some touristing if you want or we can work it out when we get that far.

I lost Tim's mobile number so if someone could pass it on to me I'd appreciate it.

Cheers, look forward to see everyone tomorrow.
Jordan.
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

LTurbo

Post by LTurbo » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:46 pm

The plan so far is leaving Canberra at 7ish and leaving Robbo at 12ish. Would be good to meet at your place as a starting place (i reckon anyway). I know how to get to Robertson, but does Tim or anyone have your address?

smoov

Post by smoov » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:15 am

can get to the pie shop, but as for getting to BVCP's place, i dunno.

Can't we meet a robbo pie shop first, for a brekkie pie, then head to BVCP's place, then back for lunch for another pie?? :lol:
1998 Subaru Legacy GTB

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:34 am

My address is 27 Caalong St Robertson.

It comes up right on whereis.com

We can meet here or at the pie shop, I'm not fussed, just need to settle on a definite answer :wink:

See you all in the morning.

Jordan.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:19 am

Mate ! I can almost taste those Robbo pies, but I will have to leave it at that, I won't be there this time, due to sleep needs, Ma in hospital (doing fine, but needs more flowers) yada, yada,yada.

I'll say it was good to meet a few faces from cyberspace and good effort from Tim to actually carry out the idea to see the better half of Oz (alright, just kidding i :oops: ) I really thought that Tim would have been craving a bowl of chicken flavoured noodles after a month of the beef flavour in his efforts to afford the trip. I might aim to try the same and go see the the other better half of Oz meself oneday, and check out all those EJ MY's in Perth .

I dunno why , but all the Tims I have ever known were little blokes, and Tim being a Subie expert and all , I sorta expected to see someone short in the height department. I was about to enter Antigos looking for a group of four including a little bloke, spotted a big fella in a 555 jacket - couldn't just be a coincidence !!

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:57 pm

Well Tim, Thomas, Gordan and Alex just left, had a good couple of hours of talking...erm...stuff, was good to meet up with everyone, just having a squiz at the WA DVD now, looks like a lot of fun and a lot of destruction :twisted:

Thanks to everyone for making the effort to come this far.

Jordan.

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:51 pm

Yeah, awesome to meet Jono and Tim. Yes, he's definately not so small!

Sorry I had to duck off, really wanted to stay for longer but . . . you understand (or you will one day Thomas and Tim). How long did you guys hang around?

BTW, when I left Canberra this morning someone had undone the wheelnuts on my passenger front wheel - vandals in Chapman?!?
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:05 am

We stuck around for another hour or so I think, then Thomas gave me a ride home in the LTurbo.... 8)

I'm now back in WA writing this on my parent's computer, just about to leave and go home. It's nearly 2am EST, so I am a little tired, if anything here doesn't make sense it could be that my brain is a little more fried than usual :P.

A huge thankyou goes out to all the NSW and ACT members I met, in particular I must thank Gordon (aka 32ford) for the tank of fuel he put in the Corolla for us.

I won't bore you all with the details of my trip here, might leave that for another post maybe, but I'll fill everyone in on the Suba-side of my trip. Early on Saturday afternoon I was picked up from the unit I was staying at in the HISOOB by Muddy - what a machine! Sounds great with the EJ20 roaring away up front too. We went into the CBD (Civic?) and went to this classy little restaurant called Antigos. There I met Thomas (LTurbo), Gordon (32ford) and Jono (Jono :P). Had a good meal and a great chat, really enjoyed meeting everyone there and hopefully I didn't frighten everyone with my exceedingly large frame, for those who don't know I'm 9 feet tall and weigh 400kg's :lol: :lol:
Sunday morning I woke early and got ready, arriving at Thomas's place a little late but we ended up pretty much on target in Robertson. Had a good start to the journey too with my mum demonstrating the Corolla's lack of ABS 8O, I'm not too sure what Thomas and Gordon thought but it had me a tad worried. Finding the Robertson pie shop was a little funny, its not in Robertson but rather just a bit out of town. Met BVCP at the pie shop, then Smoov later back at the Baron's lair. Interesting to see the final resting place of the RUBASU, and Jordan's garage made me turn a little green :).

Anyway, I'd like to thank every AUSubaru member I met over there, you're a great bunch and mark my word's I'll be back. If any of you find yourself on this side of the country, let me know!
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

smoov

Post by smoov » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:40 am

It was good meeting you Tim - well worth the 1.5 hour trek!! (sure, a robbo pie was a consellation prize!)

Also Great finally meeting The Baron, and catching up with Thomas and Gordon (thank god i remembered that knife!! :lol: :lol: )

Baron - you've got a sweet setup... I wish I had that much space and that many subarus!! I hope your project endevours go really well :)

As for tim again... maaaaaaate!! You know you're holiday of the east coast is incomplete without visiting sydney...... when you coming back?? :lol: The offer still stands. :wink:

alex
1998 Subaru Legacy GTB

wagonist

Post by wagonist » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:55 pm

bugger, missed this.
Did you get introduced to the crap pool rules on this side o the country....?

And yes, you need to come to Sydney next time.
Current rides:
JDM GTII Touring wagon
88 RX Turbo Full-time 4wd touring wagon project - 97 Toyota Caldina GTT (turbo 4wd WRX eater:twisted:) - Hyundai Excel Rally Car:confused::???:
Previous rides:
93 Legacy GT wagon - 85 RX Turbo Full time 4wd Touring Wagon - 85 GL AWD sedan
96 Toyota Caldina wagon

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:12 pm

wagonist wrote:Did you get introduced to the crap pool rules on this side o the country....?
Yes I made sure Tim knew that there was no running, diving or glass containers.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

smoov

Post by smoov » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:36 pm

MUDRAT wrote:
wagonist wrote:Did you get introduced to the crap pool rules on this side o the country....?
Yes I made sure Tim knew that there was no running, diving or glass containers.
or drinking of the water..... :lol:
1998 Subaru Legacy GTB

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:42 pm

What I think Wagonist is trying to say is that our pools are a very fun albeit hazardous place to frequent... we don't have those rules here :D.
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

wagonist

Post by wagonist » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:45 pm

I was more referring to the efforts last November, but this is more fun. :lol:

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:18 am

All sharks must be kept to the deep end :wink:

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”