Suby wreckers in the ACT?

damo666

Suby wreckers in the ACT?

Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:04 pm

driving through Mitchell today, I noticed that Haig Park have cleared & sold off their back lot...which means no more supply of L-series bits.

Anyone know of other local wreckers that have L series bits in them?[/code]

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:07 pm

waddaya lookin fer ?

I now of a 'storage facility' that has some sooby bits in the L category

damo666

Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:45 pm

Excellent!

I've got a wish list as long as they come - but at the moment I'm really trying to scrounge up parts for a 2WD to 4WD conversion, as well as the auto to manual conversion (plus some other bits like mirrors, a bumper or two etc).

What I really need to find is someone that has a rolling shell they'll sell for $500 or so..... :wink:

Pm me if you have any bits!

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:44 pm

I have a ready supply of L-series bits too, if you let me know what you need I can bring them over next time I come. Smaller stuff like speedo cables, springs, switches, CV joints etc are not a problem.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

LTurbo

Re: Suby wreckers in the ACT?

Post by LTurbo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:42 pm

damo666 wrote:driving through Mitchell today, I noticed that Haig Park have cleared & sold off their back lot...which means no more supply of L-series bits.
Ah crap!
Jono next time your at your 'storage facility' can you see if he has a L and whether he will sell the front left quater pannel, light, bonnet, and bumper? Or how much for the whole thing.

Cheers
Thomas

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:55 pm

I have a front bumper if you want it.

Too much to do now after your manual conversion? Drive and change gears at the same time? :lol: :lol:
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

FISH_Stalker

Post by FISH_Stalker » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:30 pm

Check out the area around Cotter, you should be able to find what you need :lol:

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:59 pm

Thomas, what are you up to ?
Starting to hoard suby bits ?

There is a white wagon body with 168,000 k, the 5 speed donor for the Brumby no less, with rear end damage so should be a guard, the bonnet has the slightest bend in tip closest to mirror. lights and indicators rare thing as too bumpers I think. I'll see.

The whole thing ? Your dad know you saying that ? Oh, yeah park it at the church !

I'll have a look and ask

Funky1

Post by Funky1 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:03 pm

This may be a bit late, but there was an L series wagon 'project car' for sale on EBay this week. Imported engine in bits, imported gearbox, body looked fairly straight. Located at Royalla, starting bid was set at $600 and no one bid on it. Bargain I thought!

I'm sure if anyone was interested, he'd still have it available.

Also, if you're after any L series bits, AAA Auto Parts, in Barrier Street Fyshwick have a couple of wagons at the moment. I picked up the middle exhaust section for my 91 wagon (almost new!) for $20 the other week. He also threw in a free hubcap cause I was missing one!

:cool:

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”