4WDing tracks around Port Macquarie

Fang

4WDing tracks around Port Macquarie

Post by Fang » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:30 pm

Me and some other lads are going down near Port Macquarie (just north) for camping - does anyone have any suggestions for local 4WDing tracks in the area? I prefer tracks where there won't be any angry rangers racing after me.

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:56 pm

Fang wrote: I prefer tracks where there won't be any angry rangers racing after me.
Now where is the fun in that.

You want beach or bush tracks?
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

Fang

Post by Fang » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:02 pm

Jaffa wrote:Now where is the fun in that.

You want beach or bush tracks?

LOL - the QLD plates will be attracting law enforcement attention enough as it is. Either or on the type of tracks - I hear rumors there is beach action but I do prefer bush.

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Fang wrote:LOL - the QLD plates will be attracting law enforcement attention enough as it is. Either or on the type of tracks - I hear rumors there is beach action but I do prefer bush.
just a lil further south theres Stockton!!

PeeJay

Post by PeeJay » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:08 pm

There are some good beaches to drive along near South West Rocks and Hat Head. Possibly something up in the mountians behind Kempsy as well.

Ben

Post by Ben » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:17 pm

Fang wrote:Me and some other lads are going down near Port Macquarie (just north) for camping - does anyone have any suggestions for local 4WDing tracks in the area? I prefer tracks where there won't be any angry rangers racing after me.
Dude!!!! Is there ever!!!!

When you get here go to an outdoor store and find the State Forests Mid North Coast map, you'll have to pay for it but it is brilliant. From Port you can head inland to the forests behind Wauchope north of the Oxley Highway and to the south is the forests behind Kew and Comboyne. It is well worth the trip to Ellenborough Falls while there which I believe are the highest single drop waterfall in Australia (yes, ahead of both Wollomombi and Wallaman which are both multiple drop)

There is literally hundreds of kilometres of forestry tracks all within half an hour or so of Port Macquarie (I would be confident of being able to drive nearly all the way from Newcastle to QLD entirely on forestry tracks...)

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”