The Next Meet

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:39 pm

Bring back pics too
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

subalex

Post by subalex » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:18 pm

Sorry, I don't know how many are going on the trip. Could be anywhere between 3 and 20 cars. More likely to be around 5 since it's a serious off road drive and there's another camping trip on this weekend.

It's great to see your enthusiasm fellas :D I can't make it this weekend. My family has flown down tonight for a surprise visit and I'm picking up a car for spare parts tomorrow too so I hope you get in touch with the Membership secretary so you can get trip details if you intend to go this weekend.
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

subalex

Post by subalex » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:38 pm

So, how did it go on the weekend. Did anyone go along for the Menai trip?
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

simmo

Post by simmo » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:52 pm

couldn't make it :(
(wheres the hungover emoticon?! :oops: )

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:16 am

maybe its time to discuss next meet again :?:
and maybe it'll happen this time ? :oops:
early spring, couple of months away?...........
bring on the suggestions......

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:27 pm

Why don't we try for something like Woolongong area?
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:01 pm

I should be back on the road soon, so a few months sounds great. Count me in.... Im in West Syd but am willing to travel a few hours each way to get where were going :wink:

Smokey

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:00 am

MUDRAT wrote:Why don't we try for something like Woolongong area?
err..I assume thats a mis-spell :roll:
theres not much around wollongong....if there were it would be gated and locked :evil: typical council we have here...
further south, Nowra presents some possibilities.......
so are ppl interested in strictly a day trip or include a campover ?

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:14 am

Yeah yeah whatever.

Day trip for me thanks.

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:36 pm

Yeah a day trip would be good atm. Maybe we can plan an overnighter where we can decide on the trip and date together somewhat. Plan that for when the nights are warmish.

subalex

Post by subalex » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:30 am

I'd be interested in the idea fellas. Wollongong sounds alright.

Just a matter of when.

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:03 am

Smokey wrote:Yeah a day trip would be good atm. Maybe we can plan an overnighter where we can decide on the trip and date together somewhat. Plan that for when the nights are warmish.
don't want it too warm, then you got total fire bans to contend with, and i do like a nice camp fire and using the camp oven. :D

How far are ppl prepared to drive? Is Nowra ok ?
mudrat from Tumut??
Day trips really limit what can be done...so consider
Yalwal has camping bbq/toilet/water facilities....
could arrange permits for Tianjara FT (haven't done that FT, and would like to, it might be hard tho).......
Yalwal itself is easy to get to, any car can do it, means it gets busy when its warmer :cry:

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:14 pm

Nowra's fine. Wollongong's better but if there are no trails left open then Nowra is ok.

subalex

Post by subalex » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:46 pm

Tianjara sounds like a good location. Got a couple of wheel hubs to change over before doing a decent trip though.

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:30 pm

Apparently there is a pretty hardcore track in Bowral somewhere near a sub station going up the side of Mount Gibraltar, as of yet I have not had a chance to check it out but by the sounds of it I'm not going to be taking the outback up it.

I wouldn't mind a mild track to break the outback in though.

Jordan.
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

subalex

Post by subalex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:53 pm

I used to have an '02 Outback like yours and in standard trim I found the Subaru Club's new members trip pretty much right on the limit of it's abilities. From Lithgow, through from Little Hartley, stopping at Dingo Dell for lunch and then on to Kanangra Walls.

Some hill climbs, rocky roads, muddy bits and pieces and a couple of creek crossings that came a few inches up the doors - no damage at all. Was an advantage having the removable tow reciever on the back to slide the back end into one of the creek crossings a tad. A great, fun day and so long as you don't go gung ho over the conservation mounds on the fire trails you won't bottom out or scrape the bumpers.

Seriously, a good trip. Good views etc too... not right in the thick of the bush with nothing to see. We could do that trip together.

subalex

Post by subalex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:54 pm

We could do that trip together. Takes a pretty full day.

subalex

Post by subalex » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Huh.. fellas?

Option number 1: Nowra
Option number 2: Bowral
Option number 3: Kanangra Walls
Other submissions?

MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:50 am

I like the sound of Kanangra Falls, and would support that option if the group decide.

I'm voting for Bowral though.

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:31 am

I like the sound of Kanangra walls trip. I should be fine for anything the rest of you can tackle, weve all got snatche straps just in case.

Maybe a very long dayer or even an overnighter would be a good idea. As Fred said cooler weather will keep the crowds away and allow us to have an open fire. I have all the camping gear I need so am sweet for an overnighter. Just need to make sure my other half is sorted w the kids.

What ever we decide on should be sweet. Be it a day trip or overnight. Will be nice to meet a few more of you too :D

Smokey

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”