4WD trip

subalex

4WD trip

Post by subalex » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:36 am

I think it's a bit too long since a trip was organised here. Of course I'm still busy on many weekends but a scenic trip in the next few weeks would be good. Somewhere around Sydney. Any ideas guys?
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:02 pm

Oooooh I'd love to get something going! Good weather at the moment too. Only one problem is that my lifted wagon is a gooner and the new body is standard height 3pds auto (gay) 13" wheels etc. Going but leaking oil like a 44g full of buckshot. Stop for oil and top up the fuel type situation. (planning an engine & Gbox swap to manual)...

So if a non lifted wagon can attend, I'd love to look at the proposed dates. Im in Penrith out west but can travel a bit:)

Sideways Subaru

Post by Sideways Subaru » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:01 am

Yer im keen to do anythin! in the last couple of months ive been to newnes, stockton and the watagans and theyre possabilities if ppl are willing to travel. But even just a social would be great me thinks.

subalex

Post by subalex » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:55 pm

It's worth pointing out here that Sideways stuck a note on my windscreen the other day promoting this forum and left his phone number for a chat. I called him up and it was great to see that we all notice each other's cars around the traps. I've done the same thing to others' cars promoting the NSW Subaru and Recreational 4WD Club so my wife gave me a dig about the fact that Alex (aka Sideways Subaru) has not only the same name as myself but also the same kind of car and same mental attitude towards leaving notes on people's windscreens. You must be my long lost twin!

Goodonyamaate.

Now, Alex, you're heading off with the Offroad Subaru forum members tomorrow? I can't make it, as much as I'd love to go. I've just got some new rims and I'm waiting on tyres. The day you left a message I bought a hand winch and snatch block, just in case a Patrol needs recovering. Too many new toys to try out on the next track when I get back out there. Just a little more reassurance in case I take a day trip on my own with a few of the kids. If we get out there in a group, though, that'd make a great difference. Just too few of us with the old tech out there these days.
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”